What did you do to your C-body today....

200.gif

Day 2 of pulling the lower front suspension out.

Sway bar disconnected from strut rods
Torsion Bar mount is off
Drivers side T bar is out
Drivers side lower control arm is out, ball joint & tie rod end still attached.
Drivers side strut rod is still attached at the front, it turns when I try to undo that nut. Going to try putting sway bar link back on with the new bushings & see if that holds it in place.

Not saying the bushings were toast, but the control arm came off leaving the pivot shaft still in the frame. :rolleyes:

Passenger side T bar is still stuck in the control arm, going to have to get that loose before much else happens.

On my driver 61 Fury.
I put new shocks on the rear.
A set of chrome,wheels with whitewalls.
A solid trunk lid with Fury trunk trims.
Front and rear seats in green from a parts car.
Upgraded rear bumper to a better driver quality

4BD5546B-407B-4CAD-8933-362BCC699637.jpeg

5E205002-08C8-4A70-BA8A-06DADFF33161.jpeg

605ABAF9-245F-4151-A7E4-F29CC1418D49.jpeg

AEA85425-0AD8-4B17-86AF-212519343295.jpeg

8B7039BC-6023-4A44-8E9D-76FB8239B4E0.jpeg

2CC900B8-0CE5-4A63-95B6-108F2F9A67AB.jpeg

Well I finally got around to looking at my top today. Ever since I installed it there was something off but I haven’t been able to look into it now, primarily due to some health issues. I removed the rear seat and rear panels and played with the adjustments a bit. Got it so that the pins on the front header line up perfectly when I bring the top up. No longer do I need to struggle to close the latches. So now I am going to go through this Chrysler training program and do everything correctly just to make sure. The last part will be realigning the windows. Packed it in for the day and will finish sometime this week. Pretty pleased with it so far.

1972 new Yorker.
Flushed out the gas line between last week's new tank and pump. About 5 ounces of super nasty came out, then a gallon of the good new gas followed. It now runs stable but far less than smooth. Idled for about 30 minutes. I drove it down the street and back at 20 mph.
Needs tune-up and brakes checked before the next test drive. I can already see that it's going to be a very healthy car.
This old car's going to be big fun.

I drove the 61 to a swap meet today. A meet sponsored by the local Corvette club.
I parked just outside the car show portion of meet.
I was kinda shocked at how much attention the Fury was getting?!
What I dig most about oddball cars like 61 Plymouths is the confused reaction I get with car?? What is it? I have never seen before? etc.
They look confused as to wether they like it? love it? Or NOT?
Good or bad they get a lot of attention.!!
Love it!!!!!

God that's cool!

80CE50AF-1DA1-4D92-91BA-277D24E87B54.jpeg

I drove the 61 to a swap meet today. A meet sponsored by the local Corvette club.
I parked just outside the car show portion of meet.
I was kinda shocked at how much attention the Fury was getting?!
What I dig most about oddball cars like 61 Plymouths is the confused reaction I get with car?? What is it? I have never seen before? etc.
They look confused as to wether they like it? love it? Or NOT?
Good or bad they get a lot of attention.!!

View attachment 606579
a face only a Mother could love, I think not, Do you own the others? More pix of those

I have 15 61 Plymouths + 3 parts cars not brought home yet.
That may seem excessive (and it is)
However if you have ever restored a FL era car you will usually take 2-3 cars just to make 1 complete good one.
a face only a Mother could love, I think not, Do you own the others? More pix of those

memorial day weekend took the 36 year old tires off and put on new hankooks. had to step down a size the 225/75/24 the were on it have not been available for awhile. i did find 4 new ones a couple years ago for $25 each but they we already 20 years old.

1690165432065.jpeg

1690165466771.jpeg

1690165535869.jpeg

1690165759034.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg
took the girlfriend to camp for the weekend, the wife came along too, heading over to the regatta at moraine sp

next in the cue ... came out for the abandoned vert project.

'72 east US Statie, E86, all there, body gone & unfixable (to my standard at an economical cost at my age), giving hard (suspension, brakes, powertrain, etc) parts to a civi car.

thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg

going on this one next.

Going back to original exterior color T8, black vinyl/cloth "buckets", no vinyl roof (previous owner removed) . Couple years away tho but the heavy lifting is done (SMS seats, body in primer, have all parts, etc).

The car climbing trailer is the same on in primer .. it was painted black when I got it.

can't have "Uncle Charlie's Fury" so I figure I'd make a pale imitation of one outta some odds/ends in the warehouse. :)
thumbnail (1).jpg

Untitled 8AAA.png
thumbnail (4).jpg

1692237686774.png

Last edited:
Finished the bench to bucket seat and console swap. Took way too long. Took it to the first show and bobs your uncle.

And yes I know there are so many things not technically correct. But I'm fine with it for now. Only you guys know the differences anyway.

IMG_1745[1].JPG
CPUT5346[1].JPG
IMG_1741[1].JPG
IMG_1755[1].JPG

Last edited:
Finally got around to getting the hold open roller and spring installed. @danno54 pit together a really nice kit for the big ‘ol Cs.
View attachment 612487

View attachment 612488

View attachment 612489
For Sale - 1965 - 1969 Mopar C Body Hinge Stop Arm Repair Kit Chrysler Dodge Imperial Plymouth
Good trick putting coins between the spring coils to help install it. Steel washers are even better because they can be retrieved with a magnet in case they fall in a crevice.

It's been a couple years in the making but for the first time since I've owned my Imperial it has functional backup lights!

20230909_170349.jpg

Big thanks to @detmatt and @wypowerwagon440 for supplying the parts!

Last edited:
Back