What did you do to your C-body today....

New lights are in. Someone had riveted the centerpiece to the inners.

AC175961-C614-4634-BCFB-61845EAC9469.jpeg

My wife calls it hiding out in the garage, I call it self isolating.
Fixed my gas tank sending unit gasket. It was mushed out of place when I adjusted the tank earlier this winter. Holds a full tank of gas again.
Also rotated my tires and did an alignment
‘68 Polara Alignment by the book
re-adjusted my headlights as I changed the height a little and had a full tank of fuel. Now just need warm weather to dry the roads so I can drive.
4B0E7612-AD69-4AED-9493-15F4B2957292.jpeg
6802BB13-3CD3-4318-83F2-38B4179A2AC0.jpeg
984A472E-5E28-47E2-97A4-4296747E0726.jpeg
B23BDE05-8494-41F6-A74B-1B919D81F678.jpeg

Worked the regulator into the car. Trying to get the rest done. 3 c clamps are holding glass up by previous owner.

I can’t get the back seat out. Any tips greatly appreciated.

B39D4197-DF90-4E40-A684-AAFC913F7962.jpeg

Worked on prettying up exhaust manifolds for when I get my heads back from the shop. Dug out a flywheel to get it surfaced so I'm ready when the new clutch gets here. Just your basic putzing.
They turned out looking better than what came off.

upload_2020-3-22_15-2-13.png

Are those just cleaned up or treated with something?
I sandblasted them then painted them with VHT Hi Temp Ceramic Paint, then did the heat cycles per instruction so hopefully they'll stay looking good for a couple days or so. Luckily I have an old oven in the shop cause Wife would raised hell from the stink when I was curing them.

I think I finally got my choke to quit sticking open. Last year the choke would randomly stick wide open after driving. When I pressed the accelerator to drop the choke and set the fast idle. It wouldn’t always do so. Finally today as I was looking at my throttle spring I decided to tackle the choke issue. ( thanks to @413 For pointing out the attachment error of my return spring so I could get rid of my backup)
I climbed into the engine bay (no easy feat for a 51 year old that’s 6’3” but allowed me to get a closer look at what everything was doing. It looked like my choke shaft was a little bent. Causing a little more friction holding it wide open.
I held it shut and unscrewed the butterfly being careful not to lose the screws down the carburetor. Any way pulled the shaft out and rolled it on a flat table. The end where the auto choke hooks up to had a little bend. Straightened it and took a little scuff pad to the shaft to make sure there was no binding on carbon. A shot of carburetor cleaner through the bore holes and re assembly. Seems to work good now. No binding at all.

We took the Polara on a short cruise last night. Following current social protocol, we limited group size and kept our personal distance. It feels inhuman not to shake hands with friends and stand 6 feet apart.
None of the people pictured are me.
IMG_20200328_185342[1].jpg

91788457_2935002176555797_7971208054379118592_n.jpg

Since all cruises, car shows, races, and such have been cancelled, it may be a good time to pull the convertible in the garage and do some work.

Glad you fixed it but damn, thát was a short video :poke:
I probably should have done a before and after. But didn’t think about it until I was done and everything working. Next time I will try for 10 seconds. Or maybe go for 20 seconds that way we can watch it while washing our hands.
:)

We took the Polara on a short cruise last night. Following current social protocol, we limited group size and kept our personal distance. It feels inhuman not to shake hands with friends and stand 6 feet apart.
None of the people pictured are me.
View attachment 364184
View attachment 364191

Since all cruises, car shows, races, and such have been cancelled, it may be a good time to pull the convertible in the garage and do some work.

You're in that picture alright... you're either a phallic symbol or a KKK member, "only the Shadow knows" :poke::rofl:

On a serious note your Polara convertible is looking great and I'm digging your bud's Satellite wagon!

You're in that picture alright... you're either a phallic symbol or a KKK member, "only the Shadow knows" :poke::rofl:

On a serious note your Polara convertible is looking great and I'm digging your bud's Satellite wagon!

I'm a phallic symbol? OMG I am! An over fed, long haired, leaping gnome..until the knees give.
Mr Todd, the wagons owner, gets kudos for dragging that wagon out of Louisiana. Affectionately known as the "Loadrunner", it is driven as often as possible, the original 318 with some bolt ons providing the power.

^^^ No issues sir. :thumbsup:Although the line itself is from a song. I'll see if anyone else recognizes it.

Back