What did you do to your C-body today....

Took wagon out last Wed drove back roads through several counties then into West Virginia to Ogelby Park in Wheeling stopped by the lake was couple hour wait to take out a paddle boat so we passed maybe next time.Check out the large multi person swans.

Went Saturday to Racoon State Park in Pa for a picnic lunch i forgot to take pics. Total mileage for trips 205 miles. Car is running flawless so much more enjoyable to drive since the new tires & steering adjustment and the rear end redo with new u-joints no more constantly holding wheel to right to keep car straight and no vibration in the wheel. Sorry for the late post.

View attachment 395073

View attachment 395074
Gorgeous wagon!

Took wagon out last Wed drove back roads through several counties then into West Virginia to Ogelby Park in Wheeling stopped by the lake was couple hour wait to take out a paddle boat so we passed maybe next time.Check out the large multi person swans.

Went Saturday to Racoon State Park in Pa for a picnic lunch i forgot to take pics. Total mileage for trips 205 miles. Car is running flawless so much more enjoyable to drive since the new tires & steering adjustment and the rear end redo with new u-joints no more constantly holding wheel to right to keep car straight and no vibration in the wheel. Sorry for the late post.

View attachment 395073

View attachment 395074
Beautiful wagon. Sometime you'll have to come north and we'll go south and meet. Maybe Moraine State Park.

Finally cleaned up / painted pump and brackets and installed the power steering pump I got form Murray few months back.. works GREAT.. no more whining :steering:

Also cleaned up the block where the brackets sit and painted Chrysler corporate Blue because I had access. I’ll get to cleaning and painting the rest of the engine soon...

47CF2BC4-B224-4E59-BD36-EA2328057902.jpeg

Woodward was pretty busy today starting three miles south of here.

Furst load was a bit better as it was $160 a ton, $120 ton right now, but I cashed in some other stuff I had (copper rads, aluminum rads, aluminum auto cast, electric motors, car batteries and aluminum rims)

I'll have Atleast one more good load I figure, I just bought an 02 Durango to scrap.

Nick

Furst load was a bit better as it was $160 a ton, $120 ton right now, but I cashed in some other stuff I had (copper rads, aluminum rads, aluminum auto cast, electric motors, car batteries and aluminum rims)

I'll have Atleast one more good load I figure, I just bought an 02 Durango to scrap.

Nick
That’s great Nick.. glad your cleaning house, I’m sure you’ve done your part in keeping someone’s prides an joy in the road over the years with your parts stash. Time to clean up, I feel ya.

Put down a couple hundred miles. It was hot! Parked right here to unload bike and the radiator let go.... In the woods over a 100 miles from home.
We jumped on the bikes and left it for later. I think its the seam on the top tank. It holds while on the road but about 2 minutes after it shuts off it starts to leak bad. Strangely, it cools and draws back from the expansion tank. Made it home. I think Ill just order an aluminum radiator. 51 years ain't bad I guess. I do have a spare that's only 47 years old.....
20200815_111235.jpg

Put down a couple hundred miles. It was hot! Parked right here to unload bike and the radiator let go.... In the woods over a 100 miles from home.
We jumped on the bikes and left it for later. I think its the seam on the top tank. It holds while on the road but about 2 minutes after it shuts off it starts to leak bad. Strangely, it cools and draws back from the expansion tank. Made it home. I think Ill just order an aluminum radiator. 51 years ain't bad I guess. I do have a spare that's only 47 years old.....View attachment 395906
They don’t make’em like that anymore.. try do that in a late model with the plastic radiators.

had to pull the gas tank out and fix the sending unit it after two years started leaking

Finally cleaned up / painted pump and brackets and installed the power steering pump I got form Murray few months back.. works GREAT.. no more whining :steering:

Also cleaned up the block where the brackets sit and painted Chrysler corporate Blue because I had access. I’ll get to cleaning and painting the rest of the engine soon...
Adding a picture.
AD30FCC6-6DCD-4FB8-8CA1-786CDEE2AFEF.jpeg

Also! Picked up a re-chrome rear bumper, from a generous member here. Waiting for it to be shipped. Piece by piece.. she WILL be my dream car..... EXCITED
88714BC0-CA7E-4B8D-86D2-E9292ED4C073.jpeg

Last edited:
Although it’s not a Cbody, it’s within the theme of my tinkering this week.
9C91E1F3-1971-49A3-85A7-8D1795CA51C0.jpeg
2431C830-8E2E-4CA9-9917-A07586D3B375.jpeg
14F4A104-C575-4933-AAD8-DB56E9D93E3B.jpeg
3C886FBB-A94F-4C6C-9E54-08DFF701E934.jpeg

Last summer off the discount shelf at Best Buy, I bought a low profile alpine 8 inch sub/amp combo. The only thing missing were the 4 mounting brackets, I made some at work from scrap metal and they work perfect. Finally had a little spare time to install it under the center jump seat of the F150. Had to pull both seats out as the jumpseat frame bolts under the driver and passenger seat frame. Now to wire it up for some BOOM BOOM.

Although it’s not a Cbody, it’s within the theme of my tinkering this week.
View attachment 396361 View attachment 396360 View attachment 396362 View attachment 396363
Last summer off the discount shelf at Best Buy, I bought a low profile alpine 8 inch sub/amp combo. The only thing missing were the 4 mounting brackets, I made some at work from scrap metal and they work perfect. Finally had a little spare time to install it under the center jump seat of the F150. Had to pull both seats out as the jumpseat frame bolts under the driver and passenger seat frame. Now to wire it up for some BOOM BOOM.
That's making the most of available space.

Back