What did you do to your C-body today....

You want me to show off my car?? Absolutely! This is my fourth 67, although the others I had 35+ years ago. As you can see, the paint is shot, owner #2 left it sitting outside. I'm planning on switching to front disc brakes, so I changed over to 15 inch wheels. Factory options include A/C, right side mirror and am/fm. Great cars, all of themView attachment 387212 View attachment 387214 View attachment 387215
This is one of my favorite colors for these cars.

You want me to show off my car?? Absolutely! This is my fourth 67, although the others I had 35+ years ago. As you can see, the paint is shot, owner #2 left it sitting outside. I'm planning on switching to front disc brakes, so I changed over to 15 inch wheels. Factory options include A/C, right side mirror and am/fm. Great cars, all of themView attachment 387212 View attachment 387214 View attachment 387215
That paint is nicer than anything I have! Nice car.

BTW I like your 66 and happy to see it's being used, I'll bet your family loves riding in it!!
We drive it as much as possible during the nice weather months. The kids get a kick out of it and like listening to the oldies on the AM radio. I've taught them the difference from Amplitude Modulation to Frequency Modulation. Ages 4 to 10.

Send Ginger to the alignment shop this afternoon after replacing upper/ lower ball joints, upper control arm bushings inner / outer tie rods and sleeves Pitman and idler arm. I’ll do Lower ball joints and control arm bushings later.
I’ll pick it up tomorrow morning.

Since I had a little extra free time I wanted to clean up the power steering pump I got from Murray.. The one that’s on the car now has a heavy wine to it, so I thought it easier to replace then rebuild.

C423FDA5-BC20-4BF4-A84C-AC9ED8AB5BAA.jpeg
873545D9-FE30-4FA1-9466-5D230ABCA20C.jpeg

Question, what is a good paint to use on this pump? I know it’s tough to find a paint that can withstand Power Steering fluid but what say you?

I used the Eastwood underhood semi gloss black. It is a fairly low build paint that looks close to the original parts that may have been dipped. It does scratch easily similar to the original. I hav also used dupli-color semi gloss engine paint. It’s not too thick if you are careful. Air cleaner is Duplicolor. PS pump is Eastwood.
image.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention. Reverse in the tranny **** the bed yesterday. And the forward gears aren’t too far behind. There is a local trans shop that works on Classic Car’s, it is reputable and quoted me $1350 to rebuild.
If I pull and reinstall, it’ll be a bit cheaper but I’m not sure I’ll have the time to do it. I knows there’s a thread on here regarding reputable shops around me. But I just wanted to get your opinions and advice.
If I end up having the local shop do it, are there any specifics I should know about, parts I should purchase and supply them? Particular questions I should ask regarding how they’re doing it and what parts they’re using?

Give it to me straight Johnny!!!! Lol

Oh, I forgot to mention. Reverse in the tranny **** the bed yesterday. And the forward gears aren’t too far behind. There is a local trans shop that works on Classic Car’s, it is reputable and quoted me $1350 to rebuild.
If I pull and reinstall, it’ll be a bit cheaper but I’m not sure I’ll have the time to do it. I knows there’s a thread on here regarding reputable shops around me. But I just wanted to get your opinions and advice.
If I end up having the local shop do it, are there any specifics I should know about, parts I should purchase and supply them? Particular questions I should ask regarding how they’re doing it and what parts they’re using?

Give it to me straight Johnny!!!! Lol

Thats within the range of pricing I recieved on mine. I picked it up today it was $1100 with a converter. The converter was $100.
Parts kit is probably $150 with steels.
Around here shop rate is about $100
That leaves 8.5 hours. I thought it was reasonable.
One shop quoted me as low as $800 as a starting point. but another was $1500. Which is too much for a carry in on a 727.
I'm not a transmission guy, I have never built one but intend to try one when I have the time.
I would venture to guess that once its on the bench they don't actually spend more than 6 hours in total.
Demand is high right now so they can really inflate the price on some work.

Pick up Ginger from the alignment shop this morning, took her for a spin and she tracks straight and true, look Ma! no hands. Since I’m at a bit of a stalemate with the transmission. I decided to do a little freshening up on the front suspension. Installed some new bump stops top and bottom on the control arm, aftermarket ones as you can tell.. The lower bump stop rubber were completely missing and the upper was trash, as expected. After all that I started tackling the passenger side inner fender well that I had taken out earlier in the year to install the refreshed power antenna.
What I’m wanting to accomplish is getting all the mechanicals sorted out. Now the front suspension is all done, I’ll tackle installing a new leaf springs and hardware I picked few weeks back..
My mama always told me that you CAN eat an elephant, you just have to do it one bite at a time. Stay tuned.....
A13FD91A-AF45-471C-8FDE-E36CFFE7FFAD.jpeg
C0F6C9E0-7820-43AC-8B1D-D357AEC5F1E5.jpeg
DDC60AA9-FC20-4C22-B93C-CC993DF1820C.jpeg
95B4C2E1-4EAF-46A8-B1E3-906E764269F5.jpeg

8E01B662-4588-4878-85F2-B3862D33D1B4.jpeg

Drove it to Menards and Fleet Farm today. Took a picture of the stance with just under a 1/2 tank of fuel and full fuel. I also have about 50 lbs of tools and road supplies (oils, antifreeze, carb cleaner, brake cleaner...) in the trunk.

3/8 full
EB48675A-6D8F-4D1B-A895-08BE479AD8A6.jpeg

Full
E58BA675-B6E2-49E1-863C-2AA1BE669636.jpeg

Added power to my lift to keep from crushing my extension cords under my lift. Put one on each side to power my work lights. I can’t keep batteries in battery powered lights. I found that a light on each side gets rid of the shadows. I wanted to permanent mount some lights on the inside rails, but doesn’t work real well with the moving jack and drip trays. Also this winter I may put my work bench under the lift and is a good source for power.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back