What/How Would You Value a C-Body ?

Of what. Tell me exactly and I will tell you the truth. Seriously, I don't know what your asking.

Exactly. There is no watch from the Salvation Army that is worth $1,000.00. It doesn't really exist.

"You never see that anywhere else. Post #1 and Join Date 6 months earlier.
They came, stayed, and posted here for legitimate help from the smartest C-body guys anywhere in one spot."

I guess I'm guilty of that. I popped in to ask some dumb questions from the guys who know what they are doing and to let everyone know that another C body was going to survive. I haven't been all that active on the forums because I can only work on one thing at a time and the tiny projects are piled up. It takes me some time to work through one set of issues before I move on to the next. I appreciate having the guys on the forum who aren't afraid to tell it to you straight. I'm not a fan of flippers so I don't mind that they don't get a warm welcome. I bought the car because I loved it and if I want advice I want it from the guys who feel the same way not the guys who will tell me how to fake a fender tag.

A Twist o Flex wristband can be very practical when it finally ripped out the last of your wrist hair.

In a Salvation Army store I came across an old watch that was really cool. They didn't know its true value and I got it for five bucks. It knew it was worth a ton of money due to the fact I am an old watch enthusiast because I look at all the ads in Architectual Digest. I knew if I polished it up I could make a killing. It seemed to run OK. Sometimes. Well, twice a day, anyway. Wherever I wear it, people see it and ask about it and tell me about a watch they bought "just like it" for $500. I put on a new modern style Twist-O-Flex dual tone wristband and the wristband always gets a thumbs up. If somebody bought this watch all they have to do is a few things inside and it would be a show piece. The other day I was at a flea market and a guy who had a table of rusty antique screwdrivers and broken Snap-on sockets (the Cadillac of tools) said it must be worth at least $1,000.00 and said he would buy it if he had the money. I then joined an antique watch forum where most of the members were curmudgian appraisers that were pompous and rude because they all said my watch was worth $3.00 at best, $5.00 if I got rid of the wristband. I know what I've got and all those so called experts in that antique watch forum are assholes.

My point EXACTLY. This is the 21st century, our clocks are on our cell phones not our wrists. And calling anyone "*******"in a public forum means you lose the argument. Now do you want to go the way of the dinosaur or do you want to be dragged into the 21st century?? Im saying if you do you will be in a museum where alot of snot nosed kids will laugh at you but AT LEAST YOUR OPINION WILL BE RELEVANT! Hurry along to shuffleboard I hear the winner gets a free SUPER POLY GRIP that you can share with whoever you share your teeth with!So called expert.....lmao!

My point EXACTLY. This is the 21st century, our clocks are on our cell phones not our wrists. And calling anyone "*******"in a public forum means you lose the argument. Now do you want to go the way of the dinosaur or do you want to be dragged into the 21st century?? Im saying if you do you will be in a museum where alot of snot nosed kids will laugh at you but AT LEAST YOUR OPINION WILL BE RELEVANT! Hurry along to shuffleboard I hear the winner gets a free SUPER POLY GRIP that you can share with whoever you share your teeth with!So called expert.....lmao!

Sorry, Jeff you lost us all at 13,000 miles.

If all your future posts are only to pimp your car, then I'm right about you. I know I will never see you post anything that can actually contribute to the forum. You will never be able to help out another member nor do you even care about helping out another member. You're here simply for validation and nothing else.
I'll call out an ignorant bastard no matter what insults he throws at me.
Your car is nice for what it is, NOT, what you pump it up to be. Put it on eBay w/o a reserve and you know damn well it would be lucky to great 75 hundred.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

So You are an ******* ..... and guess what, I WIN!!! :thefinger:

You never see that anywhere else. Post #1 and Join Date 6 months earlier.
They came, stayed, and posted here for legitimate help from the smartest C-body guys anywhere in one spot.

Very true! Funny isnt it? I was the same. Was more about the bluesmobile thing than anything else though... haha

The best group of c body guys are here for sure! Very helpfull, and I love the feeling here. Laid back, with a little BS'n thrown in.

I still love these threads! lol

I don't have a horse in this race but of them there is only one that is a fraud.

For some of the C-Bodies I have seen i would think the value would be the current $$ for scrap metal per pound!! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

SnakeOilMan: you are the perfect example of an *** that only wants to run with the 16 year olds or the lowest common denominator.
We have teens here who are 30 years more mature than you.

For some of the C-Bodies I have seen i would think the value would be the current $$ for scrap metal per pound!! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I could get about 10% more than that for my cars if I could deal with all the eBay and CL bullcrappy.

Last edited:
About the only way to determine value is to sell the car. People have put cars on ebay with very high reserves to see what happens.

I have always said a car is only worth what somebody is wiling to pay.

Alan

About the only way to determine value is to sell the car. People have put cars on ebay with very high reserves to see what happens.
I have always said a car is only worth what somebody is wiling to pay.

And the ONLY guaranteed buyer is the crusher man. Above that is pure speculation.
The highest speculators are the flippers.

Back