What/How Would You Value a C-Body ?

I could get about 10% more than that for my cars if I could deal with all the eBay and CL bullcrappy.

bu tthen you would have to post some really goofy descriptions and photos of another car that you didn't own..

could be lots of fun now tht I think of it!

About the only way to determine value is to sell the car. People have put cars on ebay with very high reserves to see what happens.

I have always said a car is only worth what somebody is wiling to pay.

Alan

And the ironic thing is, you will most likely realize a higher price listing without the reserve. Buyers typically shy away from reserve auctions. Sellers often make the mistake of padding their reserve in an effort to protect it from selling too low, only hurting the sale in the process.

James

The best group of c body guys are here for sure! Very helpfull, and I love the feeling here. Laid back, with a little BS'n thrown in.

I still love these threads! lol

My appreciation of C body Mopars brought me here. The loose threads, atmosphere, and Dave are why I stayed

I came here looking for a C body, still haven't bought one, will someday. I stay because of characters, pictures, and threads, that and the off chance that the vette guys mistress's boobs might show up, or a watch

If I was worried about value I would not have purchased this yacht to begin with. I suspect I could get 2500-3200 for mine as it sits. I paid the 2500 for it. I have about 4200 invested total not to mention sweat equity. People sell junk C-Body's for what I think my car is worth. I guess I am more realistic. The prices on these non mainstream cars are climbing that's for sure. They seem to be selling too, the funny thing is I never see any on the road. Those silly effers are gonna learn a C-body is not for the faint of heart.

Well,I think the market for C-Bodies are probably more reasonable that what some of these other cars have become. I mean,15-20 years ago who would have thought that some of these muscle cars would be fetching 40,50,60 or more thousands. My guess is that if anyone here knows what these cars would be valued in the future would have been a millionaire by now by cashing in on all those muscle cars.Anyone that has a classic car should be in it because they enjoy having the car,not because they're looking at it as their retirement fund.I'm sure that every person here wonders what there car is really worth,whether they're gonna sell it or not,it's just human nature.The market is dictated by what has sold,and like I stated earlier,certain models and options play a part in value,as much as where you live.Then,of course,it's not like you can check off an options box when buying one,now that they're close to being a half century old.All that remains is what's out there and as time goes on,some of these cars will dwindle down to restored cars,drivers or just parts.So eventually the demand may exceed the quantity and that's what helps bring the values up.

I believe you gotta go back a little further than 15 to 20...but you are correct

I hope you meant me.................?

You are THE Dave to me cheers2.gif

cheers2.gif

Anyone that has a classic car should be in it because they enjoy having the car,not because they're looking at it as their retirement fund.

I totally agree, I buy cars because I love the way they look and I enjoy driving them. When people ask if I'm going to restore the car and take it to car shows I tell them no. Then I tell them my plan is to put it back on the road and take it everywhere. I don't mind the guys with garages full of beautifully restored cars because I enjoy looking at them but I'm not trying to start a museum, I want the joy of driving a car I love down the road with nowhere to go.

I buy cars because I love the way they look and I enjoy driving them. When people ask if I'm going to restore the car and take it to car shows I tell them no. Then I tell them my plan is to put it back on the road and take it everywhere.QUOTE]

Some folks dont get the reason car guys get all dreamy eyed by the sights and sounds of a beautiful car. I love seeing them on the road. The guys at the local cruises drive me nuts. I get the idea of showing off your prized posession but why is Saturday night the only time you drive the car? I call them members of the "lawn chair mafia" I am building mine to drive,race and go to a local crusie now and then. If I wreck it, so be it. I'll rebuild or move on to another car because I love cars...not because I think it is a savings account or a long term investment.

My neighborhood is literally packed with classics. My Newport sits in the driveway standing out like a sore thumb but it is one of the few you see on a weekday. I've had a few of the retired guys stop me while I'm mowing the lawn to let me know I can use their shop/lift anytime I want. There are guys with garages in their yards as big as their houses but you never see the cars come out. Last weekend I found out that that a guy 2 houses down has 4 cars sitting in a steel building behind his house. All are finished or nearly finished. I joked that I should try to organize a neighborhood car show so the cars can see the light of day. When I was talking to the guy this weekend he was running down all the work he's done on his Coronet and I asked why I haven't seen it out. He paused for a minute then said, it's pretty temperamental I only drive it on special occasions. I tell everyone my goal is to drive mine when ever and where ever I feel like driving. I don't want a car that I'm afraid to drive because a dent would ruin it's value.

That is exactly what my goal is. After having that "tempremental" car for years I finally did it right so that it is turn key, it is tuned properly and mechanicaly sound. I can hop in and drive every day anywhere. May not be pretty but for me...its about being behind the wheel. I dont want a trophy, I want something that will lay 2 black strips 2 block long at the stab of the throttle and makes small children and dogs pee be when it rumbles by. I live ona military base and it is kinda cool because the guys that have cars on this base drive them. When I pulled into the convenience store yesterday I parked next to a really nice 65 Impala and as I was walking in a nice 62 Ford pickup pulled in and as I was pulling out there was a 66 GTO. I passed a 55 Chevy, a 52 Ford and a couple older chevy pickups. You go downtown and you rarely see these cars out.

I regularly see some old cars on our base too usually in the parking lot in the summer.

Orange 69 Camaro
Red 68 Chevelle
Green 68 Nova
Red 66 Impala or Belair station dragon
White ~ 72 Grabber Maverick
Red 65 Mustang Convert
A 60's vette or two

No Mopars .. mine will be on the road eventually though

I use the old cars for mostly fair weather daily driving having the choice from a couple more cars they even don*t rack up a lot of mileage still. Rarely go to exhibits and believe it or not, I found more Little damages done during These Shows than all the years of daily use, People just don't take care at These open Events with casual spectators who are not in the hobby ; just the last Weekend I was at a swap meet in France and they put in two slightly visible scratches plus I got a well visible Stone chip on the Roof from a car up front on the temporary 100 mph drive on the Autobahn.

I use mostly my B-Bodys to either go to a show (like I drove my 69 RR to the Mopar show in northern germany yesterday) or beat on them and smoke my tires.

My C-Bodys get the more daily kind of use. Going long distance they are more comfortable than any of my 68-70 B-Bodys.

Talking about value: Often the Cs I buy are not in the best shape. So I have to do a lot to them to make them reliable. After I am done with them to put them into the condition I want and finally sell them one day: I am happy if I can return 70 cent on the Dollar usually. But I always had a lot of fun driving them. B-Bodys were different. When I started 23 years ago those were cheap, too and due to the increased value of the cars I often got my money back when I sold one

Carsten

When I first came here, the only reason I stayed was I decided Dave needed an antagonist... :D

WHAT???? you an antagonist???? I DON"T BELIEVE IT Stan! :yes_no:

I think you are the salt of the earth and salt adds flavour!

Back