What is a fair price? 1967 Monaco 500

Engine compartment does have a lot of overspray. Windshield wiper motor, brake booster, electrical components on firewall, radiator, hoses, wheel wells...

On a 1970 Fury with white firewall, wheel wells are black. You can remove them and repaint them easily.

For the hoses, a little brush cleaner and silver paint might do the trick. Otherwise, you can replace. Overall, you may need a few days work to make the engine compartment look nice.

Overspray would lower my bid, but not cancel my offer. I was thinking $7000-$8000
the mid year c bodies had 'color keyed' fender wells.

If I bought it for $5000 I'd need to put at least $1500 in it to meet my standards!

Love the white interior! With some stock '67 Dodge deluxe wheel covers and narrow red line tires that would be a beauty!

The white car has Polara tailights.

Monaco 500 are suppose to look like this;

20221024_112508.jpg

White hides body work, everybody knows that. Check for buckets of bondo, get a gooood look under too. before you even consider a number, find out what's hiding.
can't help wondering why fresh paint and then get it out of my garage? you know why if you think about it enough.

Too many people out there selling the "lipstick on a pig" cars. I've seen a few before finding the 67 Fury wagon for my wife.

We took a 5 hour one way roadtrip to look at one. Seller wanted good money and took a lot of "strategic" pictures. Talked on the phone and everything. It seems the issues were just out of camera range.

Another one just painted over bodywork that wasn't even sanded. Basically load up the bondo, scuff it a little and lay on the thick paint. That was bad enough. Then the seller wouldn't let me drive it. He drove it and I thought the bottom end of the 318 was going to puke out. It was that bad.

Buyer beware. A lot of non-trustworthy sellers out there.

Back