What is this and where does it go? ‘68 Polara

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a little plastic piece that was with my inner door latch hardware. I am not finding it in any pictures from disassembly. For some reason it seems it was related to the inner door release handle, but am not quite recalling.

38CD8126-645C-491E-BB4C-2FD4301D148E.jpeg
FCB1ABCE-2B5F-41ED-A00D-89A4048702F8.jpeg

image.jpg

It goes on top of that mechanism to keep the water off of it. It was needed when thees cars sat outside daily. Is this a garage kept,car now or an outside Car? That will tell you if you need it.

It clips into the door before you install the mechanism. It doesn’t go on the cardboard door panel.

Last edited:
Ok that makes some sense. Thanks. The plastic is cut around the door latch. This must clip into the door panel. I will have to check it out tomorrow.

It has to go back where it belongs I cannot leave anything out of place.

Is there a 7-digit part number cast on it?

It goes on top of that mechanism to keep the water off of it. It was needed when thees cars sat outside daily. Is this a garage kept,car now or an outside Car? That will tell you if you need it.

It clips into the door before you install the mechanism. It doesn’t go on the cardboard door panel.

Thanks your edit made it clearer. It even looks like the mechanism has a recession for the piece. As you said it is to keep water from dripping on the mechanism and freezing or running into the interior. Installs like below except inside the door.
@CBODY67 there are no part numbers molded in the pieces.
Thanks.
9CA5EFD4-342B-4EF2-8B90-F099FD37409A.jpeg

Back