what is wrong with the forum right now?

Been great for me almost this whole time. Every once and a while it will time out when I click on threads or alerts etc, but no drop outs and no having to re-enter creds.

Newest Firefox and Win7 Pro.

Had the same problem, then I tried a different browser

Firefox :mad:

Chrome :thumbsup:

Hmm.. I normally use chrome and while it no longer automatically logs in, it does fill in the account and pswd fields so I just need to click login. I just tried Firefox and manually filled and saved the login fields, then closed the window. Reopening the window automatically logged me ust like chrome used to do.

Could this be a cookie problem?? How do I zap the chrome cookie without blowing all the cookies away?

Hmm.. I normally use chrome and while it no longer automatically logs in, it does fill in the account and pswd fields so I just need to click login. I just tried Firefox and manually filled and saved the login fields, then closed the window. Reopening the window automatically logged me ust like chrome used to do.

Could this be a cookie problem?? How do I zap the chrome cookie without blowing all the cookies away?
I use chrome - the saved address on the browser was www. and had everything saved until the other day it wouldn't do the auto login. I changed it to https:// and had to enter login data and now it'll save my login and do the auto login again, but I can't change the bookmark for some reason and had to create a new one.

I've had this site in my bookmarks bar since day 1. Back to normal good performance over the last 2 days using HP laptop with Chrome.

Noticed today it took a long time to start up the home page. Took 2 tries. Timed out the first time but eventually found the home page the 2nd time. It did take me right in without signing in. Once in the navigation seems fine.

Sure getting frustrating

Error.JPG

Stays loolgged in on my Android and I still have to sign in every time on my laptop.

What I've been saying...

"Congestion
This is a problem in crowded neighborhoods or apartments. When too many people try to connect at the same time on the same Wi-Fi channel, connection speed is significantly impacted.

When your connection slows during peak hours, usually in the evening when everyone gets off work, that’s a sure sign of congestion.

Fix this by selecting a different channel for your router. If you have a 2.4 gigahertz frequency router, there are usually 11 channels to choose from. Channels 1, 6 and 11 are recommended, but try other channels to find a faster connection. Or buy a new 5 gigahertz router."

What I've been saying...

"Congestion
This is a problem in crowded neighborhoods or apartments. When too many people try to connect at the same time on the same Wi-Fi channel, connection speed is significantly impacted.

When your connection slows during peak hours, usually in the evening when everyone gets off work, that’s a sure sign of congestion.

Fix this by selecting a different channel for your router. If you have a 2.4 gigahertz frequency router, there are usually 11 channels to choose from. Channels 1, 6 and 11 are recommended, but try other channels to find a faster connection. Or buy a new 5 gigahertz router."

Could be, but, why does it only affect FCBO?

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk 7000 dual band and my ISP feed is 150 mip. Works well and is quick. My thinking is there is a hand shake problem and because it seems to be affecting members all over the map, it's probably real close to the FCBO server(s).

It only does it on my laptop with a Verizon FIOS router which is suppose to be one million percent fastest access except what the FBI and the military has....

I want to believe the Smoking Hot Sunday's thread is causing it.

:rofl:

Holy crap, that thing could serve as a hub for the whole neighborhood.
Yup - between iPads, iPhones, Asus pads, my notebook and all the gizmos my kids have, I decided I needed HP. My house and property has no dead spots, the Netgear stuff is well worth the price. The last unit I had, a D-Link DL-655, was a piece of junk with dead spots. My Kobo readers wouldn't connect further away than 6' unless I rebooted the router.

Back to the topic, so far today, the FCBO site is smoking hot! Whatever Joey and crew have been doing, great job!

Back