What is your daily driver?

I'll drive the computer cars till they die, but I'm not buying any more of them.
99 Deville till she blows the NorthStar heads off.
98 Dodge 1-ton wagon van.
97 Dodge 3/4-ton conversion van.
96 Roadmaster wagon.
95 Deville 4.9, no NorthStar.
93 Dakota V/8 3.91 rear.
78 Mercury Grand Marque.
75 318 Dart, auto, a/c.
67 Toronado.
64 New Yorker.
I drive all of them about equal amounts. They all have their uses and personality's.
Now that’s a FLEET.. Love it!

OLD Mopar or NO CAR! We drive our 1968 Newport convertible, which, with the fresh 915 heads on the 1966 model 383 I salvaged from our '66, runs as strong as a MUCH newer ride! I also drive a 1983 Dodge D150 Miser, stripped of any electrical nonsense which had crept into most cars by then. Both rides come totally free of power accessories of any sort, and both have some of the very best Mopar engines ever made for endurance, the 383 and the 225 /6! I'll NEVER SELL THESE WHILE BREATHING!

Last edited:
Thanks for the likes all of you guys.
Well this 96 Roadmaster wagon i believe was bought probably from new by a guy called Rufus Frowde who is a musician and composer and I think is a musical director in the Royal palaces in London. It only has 67,000 miles on the clock and the condition of the blue leather interior tells the same story. The yearly inspection sheets show that for many years it travelled less than 2000 miles each year . I bought it just over a year ago and its a treat to drive but last September the transmission packed up. Front pump wet out with broken impeller. After 3 times and incompetent rebuilder I just decided to buy a re-manufactured unit from Shiftrite transmissions in Illinois. They have mostly good reviews so , fingers crossed! I must that when I'm driving this i do miss the sheer grunt of the T&C.

20230516_212958.jpg

20220612_161540.jpg

Well this 96 Roadmaster wagon i believe was bought probably from new by a guy called Rufus Frowde who is a musician and composer and I think is a musical director in the Royal palaces in London. It only has 67,000 miles on the clock and the condition of the blue leather interior tells the same story. The yearly inspection sheets show that for many years it travelled less than 2000 miles each year . I bought it just over a year ago and its a treat to drive but last September the transmission packed up. Front pump wet out with broken impeller. After 3 times and incompetent rebuilder I just decided to buy a re-manufactured unit from Shiftrite transmissions in Illinois. They have mostly good reviews so , fingers crossed! I must that when I'm driving this i do miss the sheer grunt of the T&C.
Thank you for letting us know about 1G4BR82B5TR412367 -- very cool story! Sorry to hear about the transmission. The previous owner of Betsy, my '96 RMW, had to rebuild the trans a couple of months after buying the car last summer. Luckily, the job was well done and I've just put close to 4k miles on the car in the past few weeks.

View attachment 597539

View attachment 597540
I must say that my 96 roadmaster wagon will out pull any of the 440 C bodies I have or have had. But I don't think it has the power at 2000 rpm the big Mopar's do. And the motor makes a lot more noise when it's working hard.

Lovely rides! I had a 1970 'Stang w a 351 Cleveland which shut down MANY other makes of the period. Pity I was just 17-18 when I had that. No kid should own stuff like these cars. What a pity Mopar dropped canted angle valves with the Poly. Ford did well with their Boss heads for some years.

Lovely rides! I had a 1970 'Stang w a 351 Cleveland which shut down MANY other makes of the period. Pity I was just 17-18 when I had that. No kid should own stuff like these cars. What a pity Mopar dropped canted angle valves with the Poly. Ford did well with their Boss heads for some years.
The 71 Mach1 with 351 Cleveland auto I had didn't produce an impressive amount of seat of the pants acceleration. I think it was a lowly 2 barrel. But it was pretty in red.

The 71 Mach1 with 351 Cleveland auto I had didn't produce an impressive amount of seat of the pants acceleration. I think it was a lowly 2 barrel. But it was pretty in red.

The 2 bbl Cleveland had closed chamber heads on the 70 2 bbl, which gave it GREAT low end punch. The more famous 4 bbl heads with the huge slopey angle valves breathed well, so wound up to high revs well, until the damned 335 block's poor oiling failed those heads, and SCREEEE BANG! IDK how the 71 2 bbl was built or ran, though the 4bbl that year was their banner performer, as di Thomaso observed for his project w the Pantera.

Another thing to consider for those 335 block engines was whther it had the C-4 or C-6 tranny behind it. Both were good, but the C-6 was the endurance monster. One had to specify the "baby C-6" to get it w a bell housing for the small block engines. I did so on a '68 Disgustang w a milfly improved 4 bbl Cleveland engine dropped into it. I shouldn't have bought that one either, really.. being a "respectable professional" at that time, but Gee Duhbyuh Bu$h's treasonous idiocy so infuriated me then that I didn't want any part of my profession any longer, knowing how the fruits of my mind would be used for piracy, treason and murder.
Stang_rearview.jpg

Just mopar and fords. The blazer you see in the picture with my stang was the only cheby I've owned. 2weeks only. Bought it from an old lady out of her the Grove for $300. Got it running and put new tires on it and moved it for $5000. Should of restored it for what they are going for but if I would have hung on to it any longer I would of been accused of really crossing over to the dark side.

Just mopar and fords.

Great Minds think alike!

The blazer you see in the picture with my stang was the only cheby I've owned. 2weeks only. Bought it from an old lady out of her the Grove for $300. Got it running and put new tires on it and moved it for $5000. Should of restored it for what they are going for but if I would have hung on to it any longer I would of been accused of really crossing over to the dark side.

GM has been the model for the likes of Micro$lop and Intel. I admit to having had a few over the course of a long life of driving used Detroit steel. the '64 El Cumeano was the only one I really enjoyed having, though admittedly, when piss poor off the street and desperate several times, '76 chebbie novas (or one Byooyuck of the same frame) with sloppo 350s in them served some years. a 77 pickup w a 350 and 3 on the tree did for me a bit in 1982 also, but NONE of these were stuff I cared to keep.

After the '66 New Yorker I got in 2004, and drove just over a year before pneumonia and a rear main seal blew at the same time, I committed to Mopar Forever. Those old Mopars were DESIGNED RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, mostly, and absurdly easy to repair, even compared to other mid '60s mills. I cherish my old Fords, but won't go out of my way to get one now. Ironically enough, after some stupid local house-female totaled the '89 Olds we were driving then the first stuff I looked around for was old Mercury rides, but when I saw that '66 Newport, the looking was DONE!

My daily is this 98 3500 Dodge diesel 5 speed 450K hard trouble free miles. Ordered new in 98
Always has had car trailer or scrap dump trailer hooked up.
Best vehicle I’ve ever had.

My daily collector car is this 61 FURY 361 GC 3spd

76FCA56F-2C8C-447D-950F-8077553D6FB6.jpeg

454DEE5E-94F5-4839-89B9-C794D663A970.jpeg

Back