What light socket can I use

Fabianc18

Reaction score
Hello all, how are you guys.
My 72 T&C is missing one license plate light socket and both back up light sockets. They are just gone. It’s a one wire socket.
I think they are both the same (correct me if I’m wrong). The picture shows the one license plate light socket that’s still there. Where can I get them? I found some from doorman but they are not exactly the same. I don’t want to spend a fortune on NOS stuff, I hope there is a universal socket that fits.
Thanks
Fabian

IMG_9605.jpeg

IMG_9606.jpeg

I had the same problem with my cornering lights and ended up replacing the sockets with a Dorman. The ground was an issue because of the old pot metal so I ended up soldering the socket to the housing to get a solid ground.

You may be in the same spot based on the looks of that socket being so rusty but if you think you can still get a good ground I would take that piece to a good parts store and try and match it up. Something like this from Dorman may work: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-Help-85806-Sngl-Contact/dp/B000COBGIE

If you don't have confidence in the ground contact you might consider replacing with a two wire type that you can ground separately from the housing.

Good luck, I have been doing the same type of light repairs and it is very satisfying once you get it fixed.

Back