What you wished you never did to your "C".

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else did something they wished they never did or started with their C body. I'll start. I wish I never started messing with the body work on my 68 Newport convertible. I was diving it and having fun going to car shows, but it wasn't pretty. I should have known better than to work on my car with only a carport. What was I thinking? I am not Julian. It's been laid up for months now.

Wish I never sold it, everything else was reversible .. Oh well!

I hate to say this, but I should not have bought the Newport. Too much work involved. Should have waited and purchased a solid driver. Now I see opportunities to pick up solid drivers, but I'm committed to the Newport, and can't see having another older car to munch more money. On the positive side I do have the satisfaction of feeling that I saved my Newport from the crusher, which most definitely would have been it's fate. Now we've become family and I'm in it for the long run, and I intend to see it through to the end, and get some time behind the wheel.
WP_20160124_013.jpg

Last edited:
Picking it up as a major project car.. It may turn into a parts car yet. Buy the better quality driver next time

Just curious if anyone else did something they wished they never did or started with their C body. I'll start. I wish I never started messing with the body work on my 68 Newport convertible. I was diving it and having fun going to car shows, but it wasn't pretty. I should have known better than to work on my car with only a carport. What was I thinking? I am not Julian. It's been laid up for months now.
No shame in re-evaluating alternative paths. Every failure makes you smarter in your next car.

I hate to say this, but I should not have bought the Newport. Too much work involved. Should have waited and purchased a more solid driver. Now I see opportunities to pick up solid drivers, but I'm committed to the Newport and can't see having another older car to munch more money with one still in limbo. On the positive side I do have the satisfaction of feeling that I saved my Newport from the crusher, which most definitely would have been it's fate, being the direction it was going. Now we've become family and were in it for the long run, and I intend to see it through to the end, and get some time behind the wheel.
View attachment 92122

I've come to realizes and have said so many times this is the SMART way to do it (like Dave). Buy a nice done, or nice original and have fun with it. However I can definitely empathize with your scenario ... similar to my own.

I must say your car looks really bad *** in that picture though. Put a front bumper on and drive that sucker or as soon as possible - i can't tell if the windshield is in or not, but it looks good there :)

Wish I never sold it, everything else was reversible .. Oh well!
Then there's stuff I did to OTHER C bodies.... EEK!

Bought a total trash can 69 fury and an equally fried New Yorker before I knew anything about them and hacked the front clip of the New Yorker into the fury (mill and all), got a grand total of an hours drive time for 500 bucks n about 5 days work.. Fun but scary.

Ripped a 440/727/sure grip and disc set up out of a complete, solid 1970 300 for my Monaco .. Dumb ***!! Should have purchased and redone the 70 and left the Monaco alone.

Young and dumb at a time when I lived in a salt free area and finding Cs cheap and solid was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Where would the world be, without the hard core car guy's?

I'm kidding ofcoarse. There would be no fun without them.

However, gotta admit. Would have a bunch more money to do other things...

:thankyou:Toys, toys, toys, I want more toys. You all keep me on track.

I can help you there. Have you seen the other thread on my newport? LMAO.

[QUOTE="commando1, A big, expensive, aggravating, and lonely endeavor...
WTF was I thinking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, drinking in a dingy bar would be better.

Back