What's my 63 Imperial worth?

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I realize that's a tough call but do your best! It's a 63 Imperial le baron, 413ci, auto, power windows, power antenna, a.c., cruise, leather seats and more. I would love some help decoding the fender tag, it doesn't make sense to me. Trunk pan is thin, a few small holes. It runs great, no brakes. It looks rougher than it actually is. Trim is all there and in great shape.

20180305_154214.jpg

20180305_153136.jpg

20180305_153857.jpg

20180305_153145.jpg

20180305_153443.jpg

20180305_153315.jpg

More photos would help, it's an excuse to see more of it anyway :thumbsup:

y are you selling it ?
I'm not sure if I'm selling it yet, I would love to do something with it. If someone wants to buy it and restore it I might let it go. If I don't get any offers, I'm gonna piss people off with what I want to do with it lol.

I'm not sure if I'm selling it yet, I would love to do something with it. If someone wants to buy it and restore it I might let it go. If I don't get any offers, I'm gonna piss people off with what I want to do with it lol.
Canada is a big country. where abouts are you?

The rust around the C-pillar and top of the guards indicates major cancer, not to mention the trunk floor and I'm guessing in other areas. Unless you can do the work yourself, it would cost you an arm and a leg to fix, as it sits, it's probably worth $1,500, perhaps more if parted out. I'd use it as a driver and enjoy it until I found another with a sound body and transplant parts as needed.

He sounds more like someone who bought a car to restore and it's worse than expected so it's either sell or do as you wish.

I wish him well whatever the final outcome.
Here's the truth....a cummins swap. But in someways I want someone to restore it, I know there arent many around. But I dont have the money to do that.

The rust around the C-pillar and top of the guards indicates major cancer, not to mention the trunk floor and I'm guessing in other areas. Unless you can do the work yourself, it would cost you an arm and a leg to fix, as it sits, it's probably worth $1,500, perhaps more if parted out. I'd use it as a driver and enjoy it until I found another with a sound body and transplant parts as needed.
What do you mean "top of the guards"?. The weatherstripping around the trunk lid was gone long ago so that didnt help the trunk floor. I dont see that as a major repair. It does have some issues obviously but i dont think its all that bad for the year.

What do you mean "top of the guards"?. The weatherstripping around the trunk lid was gone long ago so that didnt help the trunk floor. I dont see that as a major repair. It does have some issues obviously but i dont think its all that bad for the year.
The rear guards, where the chrome trim is. My old '62 had similar issues, from a feet away it look ok, but on closer inspection it had more rot than first thought, here's a link to a few photos of it: Roy
I still think the '63 is a nice car and would at least drive it for a while.

Back