What's the longest you've owned ANY car or truck?

I bought my 65 Polara in 77, my 70 Cuda came along in 79, still have both of 'em. My 83 Ram I've only had for 15 years.

I hope you got a pile of cash cause that must have twanged the heart strings more than a little to let it go :)

No criticism mind you

I did OK cash wise, got a fair price and it went to a good home. It was just time and surprised me that it was pretty easy to let it go.

A good friend has it and it just came out of the paint shop (Q5!) . It'll be at Carlisle.

I did OK cash wise, got a fair price and it went to a good home. It was just time and surprised me that it was pretty easy to let it go.

A good friend has it and it just came out of the paint shop (Q5!) . It'll be at Carlisle.

I don't EVEN have a car that cool but it is a major thing for me to think of letting the 70 go

But it would be MUCH wiser to do so

I keep my vehicles for 10 to 15 yrs and then try something different. I had this a long time and it was kind of rare but it was time. I'll have this one for a while maybe long enough to it to become a classic.

garage_attachment.jpg

clean srt 004.jpg

I bought my beater Cadillac in late 2008. I've put 130 thousand miles on her and she'll retire in the next couple years... It was really nice when I got it

I bought my A12 Roadrunner in 1979 and sold it last year.

NICE Big John.
I'm of the opinion that the 69 A12's were the ultimate showroom stock supercars ..... ever..!
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to order one new in March of 69. When I walked into the dealership I didn't know they existed,
I only kept that car for about 3 years. But have owned two others through the years. A Six Pack Superbee w/auto trans and a 6bbl runner 4sp. The Superbee was sold shortly after I bought it when the Runner I had been chasing for several years was offered to me. I kept that one over 10 years.

69 Road Runner new-1 (Large).jpg

six pack BEE (Large).jpg

Alpine white 6BBL (Large).jpg

I bought my 74 Imperial 4 dr in 1989. Best car I have ever owned-period. I still have the copy of Auto Trader with the add in it.

Cruise night 048.jpg

I bought my 1985 Dodge Ram D150 2Wd Long Bed when I was 16. I saved my money from mowing grass. Its a factory 360 truck. We have been a team for 16 years now.

Let's see. Have had the Monaco for almost 49 years. Of course I wasn't driving it in 65...my parents wouldn't let a 4 year old drive. (Does that count?)

Will I have to agree the A12 cars are the ultimate factory built street racer/ super stocker no nonsense go fast and not as finicky as a hemi, max wedge kinda like the long rams just ran well and no fuss. No offense Big John but white or black would be my pick of colors on one.

Let's see. Have had the Monaco for almost 49 years. Of course I wasn't driving it in 65...my parents wouldn't let a 4 year old drive. (Does that count?)

Of course it does! That's like manifest destiny or something...

I said earllier that my 55 Pontiac was the car I owned longest, but I forgot about my 80 Scout (the green one, sold the white one). We have had it since 89. My son in law has it now, but it is still in the immediate family.

12-28-2012 11;13;36 PM.jpg

12-28-2012 11;13;36 PM.jpg

Was this one special edition of the Scout with these graphics on, a former Ford designer I knew who went independent in the mid 70s did some of these back then.

1990 Toyota Camary Wagon bought in 94 put 10+ years & 226,000+ miles on it with rust getting to it then an accident prompted me to change even though I could have fixed it.
Never had the engine or tranny opened up.
I would have put more on it but I sold it to a co-worked who repaired the body damage and drove it another 100,000+ before selling it again..

I lost track of the car after that...

Mind you I had owned over 25 cars from 1979 to 1985 if you are looking for the shortest time for owning a car! :D

I had bought a 1979 Offical Mustang Pace Car that sold the next day after a person saw it at the gas station I worked at.
They insisted on buying it which turned out to be a good thing because it turned out to be a turd on 4 wheels... LOL!!!

The person who bought it from me told me it was the worst car they had ever owned...

pcpost.jpg

My old 73 RR I owned probably close to 15 years. Bought it as a low mile survivour car, and drove it as a daily driver for a couple years during that time as well. Kind of miss that one.

The 68 Coronet 500 'vert I bought and restored, and then sold, I had for about 12 years.

Before...

After...

I've had my 68 T/C wagon now about 9 years.

My 48 Desoto 5 years,

And my 84 cummins crewcab about 5 years.

My '66 New Yorker was purchased new by my grandparents, so it's been in the family for 48 years. In terms of my own vehicles, my '91 MR2 Turbo I got in '96 IIRC so that's 18 years now.

Back