What's the longest you've owned ANY car or truck?

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
For me, it's 34 years with my '66 Coronet 500 hardtop. Bought in Lakewood, Colorado as a trade-in off a C-P dealer lot that the original owner towards a new 1980 Chrysler Fifth Avenue.

Far as trucks go, that would be a '96 Dodge Cummins 3500 dually Club Cab 4x2 I owned from August 2000 to September 2009.

How 'bout you???

29 Years with my 67 Barracuda, this month.

It was my Grandparents car, they purchased new.

Together that is 47 years.

2008-11-05_12.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
I bought my 68' Charger from the original owner in phoenix, Arizona in June of 1985, 29 years ago. My 69' dart was bought june of 1990, 24 years ago. Damn, that sounds like a long time ago!

I mentioned it on the other thread but 69 barracuda apr 86 /6, 3 spd on column man steering and brakes perfect for 440. 70 Challenger bought when I took /6 out of Baracuda to put BB in was going to sell it when cuda was up and running still have it since nov of 86. Trucks is my 94 pete bought in 98 broke the crank in 2009 after I put a million on it at 1,563891 miles total, still have it also.

Damn I'm getting old!

I bought my 69 Sport Fury Convertible May 27, 1976 .... Still own it but it's been missing since April / May last year. :ufo: :reading: so 37/38 years :sad:

I bought a 1963 Dodge W100 town wagon in 1976, I was living in Colorado at the time. I drove the living Pi** out of that truck ...... Over the continental divide on a stagecoach road several times. Then drove it to Michigan when I moved back there. (It only hit the high spots in the interstate).
I took many trips to the upper peninsula of Michigan exploring the logging trails there, (Almost had to leave it on the beach of lake Superior).
Had fun and made some quick cash in the winter time towing folks out of the medium on I-75 south of Detriot, (I've got a great story about that). It was the truck that came to the rescue whenever someone got their 4X4 in a jamb.

Anyways it finally quit when rust claimed the clutch linkage and I parked it in a field for many years.
I got the bug one year, dragged it to the shop and with the help of a donor vehicle did a total restoration in it.
After that it was too nice to use as intended and I finally sold it to a truck collector in Penn in 2009 ...... 33 years.

63 W100 before (Small).jpg

power wagon site 1 (Large).jpg

power wagon site 2 (Large).jpg

I bought a 1963 Dodge W100 town wagon in 1976, I was living in Colorado at the time. I drove the living Pi** out of that truck ...... Over the continental divide on a stagecoach road several times. Then drove it to Michigan when I moved back there. (It only hit the high spots in the interstate).
I took many trips to the upper peninsula of Michigan exploring the logging trails there, (Almost had to leave it on the beach of lake Superior).
Had fun and made some quick cash in the winter time towing folks out of the medium on I-75 south of Detriot, (I've got a great story about that). It was the truck that came to the rescue whenever someone got their 4X4 in a jamb.

Anyways it finally quit when rust claimed the clutch linkage and I parked it in a field for many years.
I got the bug one year, dragged it to the shop and with the help of a donor vehicle did a total restoration in it.
After that it was too nice to use as intended and I finally sold it to a truck collector in Penn in 2009 ...... 33 years.

I have been trying to buy one of these off of my neighbor for two years now. I want it badly.

33 years - 70 Road Runner bought in 1981 around 100K miles
14 years - 68 Coronet R/T Convert bought in 2000 82K miles
15 years - 99 Durango bought new 75K miles

I bought a '97 Dodge Ram 1500 4 X 4 in 1999 with about 60K on it and sold it in 2012 with 236K. It was still running great, never had any major issues with it and I still got around 2 grand when I sold it. I still kinda miss it...

I still own the first car I bought with my own money, a 20,000 mile, ten year old '73 MGB. 30 years last fall. I have driven it every year I have owned it. It now has 83,000 miles and has become 2nd fiddle to Goldie.

Back