What's this hole on my firewall for?

I checked the tip of the wire and it does not look to be broken, its a clean flat face on it, not cut either?
I appreciate it greatly. I want to take a complete inventory of missing parts and then I'll know exactly what to round up before we do anything with your part. Thanks

Posted via Topify on Android

I'm not real sure of what the other end should look like. Sometimes it's a coil, or maybe it's just the tube itself, I don't know. It goes into the airflow past the heater core (warm air) and it serves to regulate or let's say "fine tune" the heat. I am pretty sure it's a tube though.

It may be OK although it looks bad in the pic.

Judging by bulldog's pics, I'm missing more than just that.
If I understood that dual core system, I could probably just eliminate everything and just put in an external valve on the wheel housing (where they belong, dammit! Lol).

Googling showed me that these Chrysler heater control valves were prone to leaking and many owners simply ripped them out.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I can't tell but yah, something...

2642bt5.jpg

iz0qj9.jpg

I see some kind of sensor. Was this an ATC car?

The black plastic unit (circled in blue) with two spade wires going to it (a little hard to see) and the rubber hoses going to it and one U shaped rubber hose that goes from one part of the unit to the other is usually found on all a/c equipped cars with a/c but without autotemp. It is used to turn on the a/c compressor during hot restarts so that if someone turns on the a/c on a humid day, the moisture in the a/c system vents will not immediately cloud up the windshield if either the a/c or heat is activated by the driver. This switch allows the evaporator to cool down quickly so that moisture in the blower air will not affect vision. If it is working properly, on a hot restart, the a/c should come on and then shut off automatically after a few minutes. They are found on most all fuselage cars at least on the right side of the a/c/heater evaporator/heater core unit underhood fiberglass cover. On your slab side car, it was placed where bulldogchesty shows in contrast.

Last edited:
Here's the underdash pics.This was an A/C car. Stan Ya need anything?View attachment 25633View attachment 25634
Hey Bulldog, can you see where the copper wire that travels off to the drivers side goes to? I need to see where it ends up and then I can look at all the airconditioning parts i have here to see what goes with that valve, i may have that curved plate floating around too.

on the 67 Newport:

xmsqs9.jpg

2rhwdjd.jpg

That is for the 4 gauge power lead to the 3000 watt amp under the passenger seat, for the 15's in the trunk. You may want to consider installing an extra battery in the trunk with a couple of capacitors, you don't want to starve the amp!! Also, a 135 amp alternator is never a bad idea. Don't forget to install a grommet before pulling the wire through, a dead short in a 4 gauge wire is not pretty!!!

Is that not the hole where the tube goes thru for the portable urine jug, for those long 2 coffee rides without rest areas ??? :coffee2::coffee2::pp:..................

pit-stop-portable-urinal-system-761062.jpg

2rhwdjd.jpg

I agree, that is/the drain for evap. Usually there is a rubber tube with a 90 degree bend to let the condensation dribble out.

I agree, that is/the drain for evap. Usually there is a rubber tube with a 90 degree bend to let the condensation dribble out.
Nope. After a night of "research", it IS for the heater core valve.
Now I gotta find all the thingamabobs, doo-hickies, and what-nots that the ******* ripped out from under the dash. Grrr...
I'm just going to look for an entire complete setup.

Last edited:
Now I gotta find all the thingamabobs, doo-hickies, and what-nots that the ******* ripped out from under the dash. Grrr...

But But .. his wife died .. empathy gone?

Out of the seven previous owners, I'm pretty sure it wasn't him.
He had it less than a year.

I might have the whole set up for you. It depends on what the previous owner removed.

Back