What's your experience with Gates pressure hose?

That one looks fairly different from the Gates one he pictured above.
Yeah I know, that's ok.. I just confirmed the Gates hose I ordered will fit my application.
NOS is nice and I'll keep an eye out for the correct one in the future.

Makes one wonder why it is different. They have the OEM right in front of them so just copy it. Simple. Easy. Instead they do it differently and not because it would be a better fit. Sometimes I wonder if they are making these things to fit different cars and avoid making a separate one for each car. On mine with the hose exiting the other side it ended up against the exhaust manifolds and stove pipe.

Looking up the application in the 67 parts book came up with 2537613
That part number comes up with Gates 352700
Using the application search on the Gates website comes up with the same number.

Alan

Makes one wonder why it is different. They have the OEM right in front of them so just copy it. Simple. Easy. Instead they do it differently and not because it would be a better fit. Sometimes I wonder if they are making these things to fit different cars and avoid making a separate one for each car. On mine with the hose exiting the other side it ended up against the exhaust manifolds and stove pipe.
On my Barracuda I ran the hose forward from the pump and looped under the battery tray back to the gear.
This is the one on the Other Polara I had, it was the factory one, having the fitting on the back of the pump makes it more complicated.
2016-05-15_002.jpg

Alan

NOS is nice and I'll keep an eye out for the correct one in the future.

The second word in "NOS" is old. You never know how old either.... and Chrysler hasn't stocked any of this stuff for years.

Rubber isn't like fine wine. It doesn't get better with age. A high pressure hose is not where you want to use old rubber.

IMHO, there are things that you compromise the original "look" for functionality and safety.

Looking up the application in the 67 parts book came up with 2537613
That part number comes up with Gates 352700
Using the application search on the Gates website comes up with the same number.

Alan
Thanks for the research. That is the best replacement produced by big manufacturers. Mine arrives tomorrow. A full report will follow.

IMG_5256.JPG
My new Gates (352700) pressure hose has just arrived and looks correct and better than I expected.. the step down in hose gauge(from the center coupler) is correct, which was cause for concern as it was not apparent in the stock photo advertised. All bends and angles look good too. Appears to be a well made product.. I will install soon and report back.

Last edited:
Back