What's your unicorn??

3 cars.
1st, the blackbird. The Arizona State Patrol Superbird.
I have the wing from that car. It's slightly mis-placed at the moment but I would put it back on the blackbird.

20200505_191007.jpg

blackbird III.jpg

That's cool! I had no idea that existed. The Arizona State Patrol doesn't mess around!!

That's cool! I had no idea that existed. The Arizona State Patrol doesn't mess around!!
There was only one. Only used for a short time. 1-2 seasons. Always looking for any information. Patrol man's name? anything.

For me it was the 1969 CHP car, when I first started looking at the idea of doing a CHP car I didn't know much about them, looked through the different years and though the 69 Polara was the best looking car. Then I learn it was the holly Grail of vintage police cars. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever expect to find one that was in my price range and budget for restoration. I initially started with a clone and soon found a genuine car to restore.
2017-11-24_001.jpg

Although I sold the car I still am proud of the journey I took with that car.

Right now there is no new gotta have realistic or not.

Alan

Last edited:
I am very proud to own two cars that may be the holy grail for some.
I try to keep them alive and to drive them as often as possible.

'65 Chrysler 300L
20200822_183832.jpg

'71 Plymouth Sport Fury
20201029_113214.jpg

But my "Unicorn" is defintly a '70 Sport Fury GT with gator grain vinyl top!
I know where it lives, but unfortunately the current owner doesn't want to sell (as it is so often). I'm not the only interested party, but I'm busy saving money so that I'm prepared in case he want to sell at some point...

What would life be without dreams???
70sportfurygt.jpg

My current unicorn is my 73 Satellite Custom wagon.
318 with 3 on da tree. Very few options and has no power steering and radio delete car.
She is in storage with a damaged engine. A victim of the camshaft/lifter pandemic.
If I sell it I will regret it. I have had her since 2010 and is such a cool and fun car to drive.
FB_IMG_1634715946792.jpg

FB_IMG_1634715940709.jpg

FB_IMG_1634715933160.jpg

Since I am older now I wanted something that was everywhere long ago and now never or rarely seen now. I am sick of cookie cutter classics that are at every car show. I am sick of how they all seem to sound the same. The same 6 colors etc. I wanted cars that I loved when I was young and used. So in my small car collection I have one of the biggest Mopars and one of the smallest.
Here is my 86 Omni GLHS in it's first road racing experience at long last at Lime Rock race track in Connecticut this last September. This was Paul Newman's home track and it was a thrill for me.
upload_2021-12-26_13-0-6.jpeg

This is my chill machine ,a 69 Fury III and I hope to get my mild 505 ci stroker 440 in it this next year. All in all I am not wanting for anything really car wise. Sure there is the 'wouldn't it be cool to have and then,,," but 99% of the time I feel very fortunate to have these 2 cars. They are never done as you all know and I have many small projects to maintain, restore, and improve them ahead of me.

20190511_163048.jpg

Last edited:
Other unicorns were Poncho's before I got into the mopars.
73 Grand Am and 1986 Grand Prix Aerocoupe 2+2.
20210220_192350.jpg

06&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DXw_Uuaj1IYAX8fZFdm&tn=W8UEidna7YuUCGBk&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg

My unicorn would be quite the rarity. I want to find a unmolested formal Dodge Monaco 2 door hardtop with a big block and no vinyl top. Similar to the one I passed on years ago. Would love to have her now that I have the means to do it up right.

(Ok, ok I'll shut up about this damn Monaco already)
s-l1600.jpg

A 1965 300L 4 speed with a red interior.

Here is the interior I absolutely love everything about it.

65 300 L.JPG

Last edited:
Back around 1995 a friend of my neighbor had one. That was his baby. He decided to drive it to the county fair to watch his friends in the truck pull. He didn't want it to get door dinged in the parking lot so he parked it on the street. About an hour later they heard a bunch of sirens followed by his license plate number being announced. He ran out to his car to find that a drunk driver plowed into it and pushed it completely over the curb and into a fence. So I know there's no more than 1027 left. Sad day but he did find another one just as clean.

Back