What's your unicorn??

For me one of them is a Chrysler with a 3 speed manual. And now I own one!
Another one is a true Canadian car; 65 Monaco convertible with a 6 cylinder and three on the tree.
IMG_1251.JPG

My true unicorn...A 77 dodge aspen stationwagon...the light blue, deluxe chrome package, wood panel sides.

if anybody sees one please lmk ))

I would say a 1970 Sport Fury GT! To me that is the pinnacle of style, class and power.
I love my 1970 Fury III four door sedan 383 L code. It runs and drives so good I can only imagine how the 1970 Sport Fury GT drives.
I have a great desire for more C bodies though!

GM built only 1028 Aerocoupes for the public so Nascar could run the body on the track.
I know of three in my area and thanks for pointing out this one!
I have only seen 1 out in the wild, unlike the Monte SS aerocoupe which I have seen everywhere

I have only seen 1 out in the wild, unlike the Monte SS aerocoupe which I have seen everywhere
I bought a 1983 SS new. White, blue bench seat. That 305 was weak! 350 would have been a whole lot better. Duh.

I'd kind of like a 300L. I'd have to sell my 70 300 though. No room for another big car in my garage.
Since I posted that a couple years ago, I did buy a 300L. I also managed to keep the '70.

Pic from the 2023 Syracuse Nationals

5m9a2ks.jpg

Always wanted a Road runner, '68 or '69 Specifically.....ended up finding and purchasing the executive road runner.....H code 383, console shifted 727 and optional 3.23 gear....
20240203_144955.jpg

My unicorn: 1968 Newport or 300 with a 4 speed.
Wait!!!!! You say Chrysler didn't make a 4 spd in '68??
There's 1 or 2 out there. I just know it.

twelve years in "active looking, and really my advancing age, I DONT have to have one, but still would consider one if this Unicorn turned up.

Must be 1970 (any color), must be "T" code (regular 440, VIN matching, any condition), must be "A67" option, must be a coupe ... oh, and have the "Newport 440" badge.

Not a trailer queen, but not a rust bucket either. My "big project" days are behind me.

1970 Newport 440 - A67

FLW 99DX.png
1712673576366.png

My other " Unicorn" is Grace.
Named after Grace Kelly, princess of Monaco.
My 67 Canadian Dodge Monaco 500.
With some help in researching by other members here,
She is one of 57 Windsor built , Canadian Spec'd with the 375hp 440 Magnum.
Based on the options tilt/ tele, factory Tachometer, Budd disc brakes, power driver bucket, power windows she just might be a 1of 1 unicorn
I am very lucky to have Grace.
Was not looking to buy another car but she fell into my lap and was a once in a lifetime oppportuniity..
I love driving this car. It has all the things I ever wanted in a slabside C I dreamed about since I was 12.

20240409_185722.jpg

20230411_210143.jpg

20221103_200752 (1).jpg

My other " Unicorn" is Grace.
Named after Grace Kelly, princess of Monaco.
My 67 Canadian Dodge Monaco 500.
With some help in researching by other members here,
She is one of 57 Windsor built , Canadian Spec'd with the 375hp 440 Magnum.
Based on the options tilt/ tele, factory Tachometer, Budd disc brakes, power driver bucket, power windows she just might be a 1of 1 unicorn
I am very lucky to have Grace.
Was not looking to buy another car but she fell into my lap and was a once in a lifetime oppportuniity..
I love driving this car. It has all the things I ever wanted in a slabside C I dreamed about since I was 12.

View attachment 655142

View attachment 655143

View attachment 655144
Grace is a good looking car, I'm sure you will enjoy the miles you put on in the coming years. I hope to cross paths with you and this car somewhere down the road.

Have them find out how many '66 Monaco 4 speed were made. :poke:
Grace is a good looking car, I'm sure you will enjoy the miles you put on in the coming years. I hope to cross paths with you and this car somewhere down the road.
Quite possible that @Ross Wooldridge may have some information as he owns a Canadian 4 speed car.
Yes, this year is a write off but hoping the next two years after that we can meet.

Quite possible that @Ross Wooldridge may have some information as he owns a Canadian 4 speed car.
Yes, this year is a write off but hoping the next two years after that we can meet.
I spoke with Ross after I got the car. We agreed there were few made, but no way of accurately determining a number with our resources.

Back