Wheel fitment on 66 Sport Fury

dart_man440

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have a question in regards to wheels for my 66 Fury. I am on vacation and a friend has a set of 15' Centerline's for sale. I tried to look up some information to see if they would fit my car, but I was unable to come up with an answer. I am unable to measure since am 500m from home and up to now I hadn't thought about wheels, so I wouldn't know where to start. I would appreciate any feedback, I would hate to buy them and not be able to use them. They are 15x7 fronts with 3.5 back space and rears are 15x8.5 with 4" back space. Thank you,

Rob.

The 15 x 7's will fit for sure. As for the 15 x 8.5's it depends on what size tire you are putting on the car, whether you are running skirts and whether the car has equal clearance on both sides. I have seen several C Body's that either had the axle sitting toward one side or had the quarter panel on one side put on in such a way that there is more than a 1" difference from side to side. This is really a trial fit situation. Perhaps if your friend is a true friend, he will hold off selling them or give you first right of refusal and this way you can do some test fitting etc. when you return.

Bill

15X8.5 will be tight, may fit but good change they rub when going around a corner, especially if you run a 275-60 or larger tire, even without skirts. I ran Keystones that size for a short time on a 65, switched them out.

Thank you for the reply Bill, he will hold them.
65 sporty they are the correct bolt pattern,
65 spacecar, I was thinking that 8.5 would be tight with tha skirts,
He might bring them with him next week so we can try them out, we shall see!
Thank you again for the replies,
Rob.

Back