Wheels of Yesteryear

300cruiser

Reaction score
Has anyone else toured this little museum in Myrtle Beach? I've gone through it twice and spent considerable time speaking with the owner both times, he can recall every gear ratio, engine specs, etc. While his collection includes something from every brand he's certainly a die-hard Mopar guy. There are some real beauties in there, it is a little sad that they don't get taken out for a run once and while though.

http://www.wheelsofyesteryearmb.com/

IMG_0580 (Large).jpgIMG_0581 (Large).jpgIMG_0582 (Large).jpgIMG_0596 (Large).jpgIMG_0597 (Large).jpgIMG_0600 (Large).jpgIMG_0601 (Large).jpgIMG_0603 (Large).jpgIMG_0606 (Large).jpgIMG_0610 (Large).jpg

IMG_0580 (Large).jpg

IMG_0581 (Large).jpg

IMG_0582 (Large).jpg

IMG_0596 (Large).jpg

IMG_0597 (Large).jpg

IMG_0600 (Large).jpg

IMG_0601 (Large).jpg

IMG_0603 (Large).jpg

IMG_0606 (Large).jpg

IMG_0610 (Large).jpg

This museum reminds me a little of Garlits' museum. He also has a Daytona 500 - maybe two of them.

Can't help but notice the ceiling in that place. What was the building used for in the past ?

This museum reminds me a little of Garlits' museum. He also has a Daytona 500 - maybe two of them.

Can't help but notice the ceiling in that place. What was the building used for in the past ?

The inside of the building is stunning. I was so taken by the history of the cars that I didn't ask about the building.

Nice collection and I don't know why but my mind immediately went to the dangers of keeping so many fine examples in such a small place that is trimmed out completely in kindling.

Nice collection and I don't know why but my mind immediately went to the dangers of keeping so many fine examples in such a small place that is trimmed out completely in kindling.

My buddy and I had the same conversation as we toured through. It would be interesting to attempt to put a value on the collection as well as insurance costs...

Yep, just ask Reggie Jackson about that.

Funny I thought the same about the wood. My dream garage would be timber framed, but all the walls would be brick. :)

Back