When is a classic C-Body to valuable to drive?

I would drive them all, too.
Maybe except a brand new "old" car with less than 10 miles on it.

I drive my Hemi cars, too and even race them.
My current 70 Hemi charger 4sp is one of 56 built, my 70 Hemi Bee 4sp one of 21 buillt.

Carsten

Nice!!!

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of those cars. Please post a few pictures......Thanks!

honestly, my A12 Roadrunner did everything better. A good running Hemi car was faster, but not every Hemi car would be what I consider a "good running car". Most guys don't know how to make them run right. QUOTE]
True ........ I special ordered an A12 Runner in 1969, (I posted a lengthy story about it here), and in showroom stock condition it was much quicker then a Hemi Runner.
You could drive a Hemi ..... OR ...... race a Hemi. But the tune had to be changed to do either. Most guys on the street just wern't able to keep a Hemi running good. Thats where so many of the "I beat a Hemi" stories come from.

Love to hear about your A12 John.

I think there are some cars that are more "form then function" and enjoy seeing them, but I have no desire to own a car I am afraid to drive and enjoy as they were meant to.

Will, I remember your thread on your A12.........and the '66 you traded in.

Thanks for sharing your story!

People dream about having the super cars that you had!!!

This Imperial of mine has over 117 000 miles on it and it is still the finest road car I've ever driven. By not driving it I would be denying myself that "feel" every time I slip behind the wheel, and I would be keeping the machine from its designed purpose.

Cruise night 048.jpg

I've had a few friends that had some very nice cars and were afraid to drive them. One of them an Army friend in Germany. Had a V-12 Jag and was afraid to drive over 100 kph. He would have me take it out and blast it down the Autobahn several times a year. What a ride!

This Imperial of mine has over 117 000 miles on it and it is still the finest road car I've ever driven. By not driving it I would be denying myself that "feel" every time I slip behind the wheel, and I would be keeping the machine from its designed purpose.

Nice photo, taken on my birthday.

I know that feeling all to well. Every time I turn the key, hear the buzzer and then the mini starter whines for about 2-3 secs. Then the good times begin.

My Fury isn't nice enough to worry about driving it or not. I drive it to school everyday, football games, the store, where ever I need to go. My dilemma right now is the coming salt. The van seems to have thrown time (Thank you GM and your crappy plastic cam gears) and the Fury is the only other option. I don't want to drive it in the salt, but I know the people who had it before me did.

Drive it and Drive it fast.
Yes, I do. :icon_cool:

I drive two vehicles. An '06 F-150 and a '76 New Yorker.
My NY is priceless. Total Operating Costs are about $2.00/mile.
I bought the F-150 to be my disposable BIC lighter. Use it up, throw it away which I doubt because it will outlast me. Total Operating Costs? About a penny a mile.
I love them both.

We all had or still have some old muscle cars that we use to flog with out mercy so why stop now. QUOTE]
Back in the day most of these cars were "flogged" to death ..... Then you went and got another one. Not so easy these days. Add to that the obsolete technology in brakes, tires & suspention .... Hense ..... trailer queens.
I think the tribute car is the way to go if you really want to "use" one of these cars as they were used back then.

"Back in the Day"..........I'm glad I was there!

I had a blast every day with my '69 Super Bee and '73 Ralleye Challenger.

I drove both those cars year round in Milwaukee.....that's what everybody did back then.

I wish I had both of those cars today!!!

People dream about having the super cars that you had!!!
It's refreshing to see the term "super car" used. That is what the HP cars were marketed as in the mag ad's and on the dealership windows in the 60's.

The term "muscle car" was never used until the late 70's sometime when some magazine
columnist coined the term. I never really accepted the term "muscle car", but these days the youngsters don't know what your talking about when referencing "super cars".

So thanks for that Bob ...!!!!

318c_1.JPG

I like this forum because there is always something new to learn (re-learn). I had forgotten the source of the Supercar term. These days it just references 6 figure cars.

Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth had the best marketing print ad's, TV commercials, and sales campaigns in the '60's and 70's hands down!

I remember those commercials on TV like they were yesterday!!!

I can't remember a single noteworthy Ford or Chevy ad or commercial.....

I am proud to say I have never seen the USA in a Chevrolet. Saw it from a 77 Gran Fury wagon, a 76 Cordoba, a 70 Dodge Challenger, a 70 ford truck towing a 69 Barracuda, and numerous Peterbilts and a International Transtar II cabover. But never in a chevy.

Back