Where can I find just Drums?

GoodEnuf

Reaction score
Going through the brakes on my '64 newport and have found that the front passenger drum is cracked, I assume from a previous owner trying to beat it off without realizing the hub comes with it.

Anyways, the hub presses out of the drum right? The hub looks good, does anybody sell just the drum? It is a 11x3" non-finned drum. The hub will need new studs to..

Going through the brakes on my '64 newport and have found that the front passenger drum is cracked, I assume from a previous owner trying to beat it off without realizing the hub comes with it.

Anyways, the hub presses out of the drum right? The hub looks good, does anybody sell just the drum? It is a 11x3" non-finned drum. The hub will need new studs to..

Hi, you can also try Murray Park who has always treated me right, Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth and there's also Wildcat Auto Wrecking, Oregon, https://www.wildcatmopars.com/, also a source that has helped me a lot. I have a '64 Imperial for which NO drums are re-popped. Murray came through for front ones some time back. Kanter re-pops MOPAR drums and I have them on my '57 300C. I don't see them listed for the '64 Chrysler but you might call them, 1-800-526-1096. I also have their brake shoes on the C, and so far all's well. If I ever need rear drums for the Imp my first call will be to Murray. JC Auto Restoration in Washington State, Home - JC Auto Restoration, Inc. has an enormous amount of MOPAR parts and is very nice to deal with. These three sources have been invaluable with my restorations and maintenance. Good luck!

BTW, if you're dealing with the left wheel do yourself a favor and change to RH studs when you pop the hub. While LH lug nuts are not hard to source, the LH studs are unavailable. I converted the 300C to LH studs. (I finally did find one source for the LH studs but @ $8/per I wasn't about to go that route!)

Hope all works out! Keep us posted!
bob

Hi, you can also try Murray Park who has always treated me right, Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth and there's also Wildcat Auto Wrecking, Oregon, https://www.wildcatmopars.com/, also a source that has helped me a lot. I have a '64 Imperial for which NO drums are re-popped. Murray came through for front ones some time back. Kanter re-pops MOPAR drums and I have them on my '57 300C. I don't see them listed for the '64 Chrysler but you might call them, 1-800-526-1096. I also have their brake shoes on the C, and so far all's well. If I ever need rear drums for the Imp my first call will be to Murray. JC Auto Restoration in Washington State, Home - JC Auto Restoration, Inc. has an enormous amount of MOPAR parts and is very nice to deal with. These three sources have been invaluable with my restorations and maintenance. Good luck!

BTW, if you're dealing with the left wheel do yourself a favor and change to RH studs when you pop the hub. While LH lug nuts are not hard to source, the LH studs are unavailable. I converted the 300C to LH studs. (I finally did find one source for the LH studs but @ $8/per I wasn't about to go that route!)

Hope all works out! Keep us posted!
bob

Thanks Bob, I contacted all those places. Hopefully someone has one. Do you happen to know what the thread pitch is for the wheel studs? I am missing a few. I did manage to get all the drums off, going to put in new wheel cylinders on all 4. Hardware looks halfway decent.

GoodEnuf,
I just got in.... I heard your message... I was at my friend's house watching My Islanders go up 2 games to 1 on the Flyers; Game 4 tomorrow night at 8:00 PM.
I will call you mid to late morning tomorrow....
I have N.O.S. U.S.A. Brake Drums, N.O.S. ++ Asbestos+
Brake Shoes, Brake Hardware, and LEFTY and Right Wheel Studs & Nuts....
Yours, Craig.....
I have wheel cylinders and brake hoses also.... One stop shop.....

GoodEnuf,
I just got in.... I heard your message... I was at my friend's house watching My Islanders go up 2 games to 1 on the Flyers; Game 4 tomorrow night at 8:00 PM.
Yours, Craig.....

Thanks, I await your call tomorrow!

GoodEnuf,
Yours, Craig.....

AHA! Good to know you have "stuff" and I'm keeping you on MY list! Appreciate your reply here! Your business sounds like a grand slam.....or for you, a hat trick!

bob

Thanks Bob, I contacted all those places. Hopefully someone has one. Do you happen to know what the thread pitch is for the wheel studs? I am missing a few. I did manage to get all the drums off, going to put in new wheel cylinders on all 4. Hardware looks halfway decent.

Hi, the thread pitch escapes me; I thought I had it notated in the restoration book. All I have is that I used Dorman studs. I can't help u any more than that. I can tell you that I went through 4 master cylinders until I bought a NEW NAPA part, not rebuilt. I also had several wheel cylinders take a dump, too. The 392 hemi doesn't leave much room for conversions to dual master cylinder, tho' it can be done. It has crossed my mind....For now, things seem sorted.....fingers crossed!
:icon_fU:

Keep us posted on the progress. This site has proven its worth time and time again....good people who have often been down the same paths we find ourselves treading!

Stay sane!

bob

Hi, the thread pitch escapes me; I thought I had it notated in the restoration book. All I have is that I used Dorman studs. I can't help u any more than that. I can tell you that I went through 4 master cylinders until I bought a NEW NAPA part, not rebuilt. I also had several wheel cylinders take a dump, too. The 392 hemi doesn't leave much room for conversions to dual master cylinder, tho' it can be done. It has crossed my mind....For now, things seem sorted.....fingers crossed!
:icon_fU:

Keep us posted on the progress. This site has proven its worth time and time again....good people who have often been down the same paths we find ourselves treading!

Stay sane!

bob

We'll see how good these wheel cylinders from rockauto are. I fixed my fuel line as it had about 4 leaks in it, I imagine when I put the new master on and put some fluid in the system I'll have at least one leak because the old master was completely dry and corroded.

We'll see how good these wheel cylinders from rockauto are. I fixed my fuel line as it had about 4 leaks in it, I imagine when I put the new master on and put some fluid in the system I'll have at least one leak because the old master was completely dry and corroded.

I've stopped buying from them. I ordered two air cleaners for my 300G, they came, they were dead wrong, and I had to return them. I had to pay shipping! It was $17 for two items, $8 to return them. The items were clearly wrong. Took a trip to NAPA...should have gone there first. :rofl: :BangHead:

Hope things go well!!!

Good Enuf wants to dig in, but he is a young man with a wife who says "NO".......
How can you guys make it happen for him ??????

Luckily, my wife, when she was alive, let me do anything I wanted.... That is why I am looking her up first when I get to heaven...

You guys help out Chris / Good Enuf.....

Good Enuf wants to dig in, but he is a young man with a wife who says "NO".......
How can you guys make it happen for him ??????

Luckily, my wife, when she was alive, let me do anything I wanted.... That is why I am looking her up first when I get to heaven...

You guys help out Chris / Good Enuf.....

Normally she lets me do what I want, but something about a pandemic and uncertain economy or something is causing her to tighten the belt. I do have plenty of cheap/free work I can do on the car yet, guess I'll just be gathering a parts list till spring, maybe scrounge up some stuff from the marketplace or something to.

Back