Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

I got this one, Eye ain't helping.

Alan
not sure i follow ya chief ..

that thing is "up the crick" a couple hundred yds as they say.

would not impact where ya put Pegman i dont think?

we can compare notes at the end anyway. thx!

:thumbsup:

One thing I have learned over the years from doing this not just here but elsewhere is the difference in lens focal length can play games with you. I have never tried to understand it but just work with it. Objects in the distance often look bigger/smaller.

Alan

#460 near the end.

only one solver but still couple days left. Or thread is finally outta gas. or location aint as recognizable as I thought.

for anyone still playing, if you are looking in US or Australia, that wont be productive. Try western Europe.

Where? "Time" is on your side. Actually, the other side.

thats a clue. :poke:

Last edited:
#460 London England, and the Queens Walk, near Westminster Bridge, on the east side of the Thames River. Big Ben in the background on the right is world recognizable and likely the skyline landmark that get you to the correct city.

The Queens Walk closed to vehicle traffic in 1977. I worked in Europe for four years and spent quite bit of time in London during touristy stuff and was struck by the view of the Westminster complex from this spot.

The distinctive lamp posts, brickwork and paving is still there, but the Queen's Walk is now part of the Jubilee Walkway, and the view caught my attention during either the Queen's funeral/Charles' coronation as thats where the crowd's were queued up.

94_960.jpg

I couldn't quite get Pegman in the right position close enough to the wall to get the sight lines exactly right, but I believe the car was where the bench is now. The black arrows are my landmarks.

Two folks reported solving it. If their solutions differ from mine I am sure they'll chime in.
95_big.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-14 083452.jpg
1950s-ladies-in-shorts-posing-with-cars2.jpg

2020-jeep-compass-side-view-carbuzz-345552-1600.jpg

The whole Jubilee Walkway
1698023380269.png

1698023785481.png
1698023704735.png

I feel you need to be much closer to the London Eye
From in the river next to Eye
London1.jpg

Just above the promenade to show the same alignment with the Eye
London2.jpg

Street-view progressing to show the change in the alignments. The last one being close to where I think it was.
London3.jpg

London4.jpg

London5.jpg

Alan

I feel you need to be much closer to the London Eye
From in the river next to Eye
View attachment 623912

Just above the promenade to show the same alignment with the Eye
View attachment 623913

Street-view progressing to show the change in the alignments. The last one being close to where I think it was.
View attachment 623914
View attachment 623915
View attachment 623916

Alan
i agree with you guys. Thanks!

After four years, I left Europe in 1997 .. never been to the "Eye" as I think it was like a year 2000 thing. Was never there even before it was built that I recall.

The Queen's Walk at Westminster Bridge? Me and then-wife crossed it on the way to Buckingham Palace nearly 30 years ago. That was a hike!

much better angle alignment all around from that location than I got. so, that most definitely was where the CJ was posing in '73.

Btw, I didnt ignore your PM on the Eye .. Google Maps was a blunt instrument vs Google Earth. I just couldn't make it work.

looks like you guys used Google Earth to nail it down, same you and others got that BMW ON the deck of thar Miami parking structure last year. still scratchin' my head on that one. :)

i stand corrected ..maybe it is time for me to retire ... leave the digital tools/expert sleuthing to you "whippersnappers":poke:

We knocked off this game around Halloween last year. Gonna try to start again this coming weekend..

1710945669196.png
1710945703682.png

Historically, this game is kinda impossible to solve without really good internet skills and the time to do it.

Often the advertiser "photoshops" the image (adding neon signs, removing features, etc.) and some are so old the building is GONE or area renovated. OR, movie/production sets/backlots are used to photograph the vehicle.

This game is NOT like naming the girls --- in that finding these vehidles. you CAN USE ANY technique, whatever you want to find the answer. No such thing as "cheating", because "googling" the pic directly is sometimes the ONLY way to "solve it".

Three specific answers
(where is it parked, prove it with a current pic of the spot, etc.) are also the goal. There are clues to shrink the whole wide world to a specific area/region -- even then these games can still be hard to solve.

That again may be why these games tend to only attract the same, small group of about 8 players. Including 3-4 folks (you cats know who you are) who "win" all the time. They play really well, if they have time/interest like anybody else. :)

But a lot of people watch the action it seems. Maybe a couple more can get in there and pic up some "dudes"?. Every solver gets a "dude" truck recognition, so its kinda a fun competition in that regard.

As always, please consider letting the game run until the end (4-5 days), but please post when you have the three questions answered.

I have about half-dozen saved up. Maybe other OP's have a couple. Show take us through April and then we'll see whether this thread is finally outta gas.

New game.

1969 Imp, Budd illustrated ad.

Hint: This is in United States, eastern seaboard, major city and transportation hub. South of NYC, north of Jacksonville FL

1711114959481.png

Three questions

1. Where, city and state, is car drawn?
2. What building is/was that, by name?
3. If buiding is still standing or not, post a pic of approximate spot illustration suggests?

Answer on Monday next week (3/25)

Last edited:
Solved via PM.

Will keep game running and list order of any other "winners"

Good luck.

Just saw the puzzle. This clearly is not a vIADuct, I wonder if the planes could be described as dIADromous. In 2024, the Imperial would be parked at the United Airlines passenger drop-off.

@ayilar

ah, "bonvivant" that you are, i forgot you also have "local" knowledge of this area. :poke:

i know the are a myrIAD of "colors" in this place, but not aware of "subdivisions" .

good to know when one head out to the olympIAD.

Bravo! :)

Just saw the puzzle. This clearly is not a vIADuct, I wonder if the planes could be described as dIADromous. In 2024, the Imperial would be parked at the United Airlines passenger drop-off.
Got it easily by your clues. Was almost a giveaway

Yeah, anybody who has traveled much will pick up on those clues right away.
we (members) add clues to try to help out as THESE games have been hard.

when they are too hard people dont have time and/or lose interest.

certainly "frequent travelers" pick up on things others who have NOT traveled so much do not.

anyway, if suddenly 10 folks now get it, i made original #472 game TOO hard to start with, and we made Subsequent hints TOO EASY --with the wordplay WITH "codes" :).

we'll see in a couple days.

Last edited:
Back