Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

have physically been to a couple of the places, maybe even driven the same roads.

Still, I might be outmatched on this one ... I need to work from home, but not home for a few days. I tought the "two windows" were side by side on ONE building. They may not be.... if we are looking at >400 km of geography.

Hope the excellent solvers take this baby on by then.
I am going on the windows being on one building next to each other but have already noted that they may not.
With the nature of this "art piece" video anything is possible, they may not even be in the same town (still assuming the two windows are in the same town as each other).
The problem is that in Street View some shutters are open some are closed. Without leaving bread crumbs I get turned around quickly and loose track of where I have already been.

Alan

I am going on the windows being on one building next to each other but have already noted that they may not.
With the nature of this "art piece" video anything is possible, they may not even be in the same town (still assuming the two windows are in the same town as each other).
The problem is that in Street View some shutters are open some are closed. Without leaving bread crumbs I get turned around quickly and loose track of where I have already been.

Alan
I found another city location (sent you a PM) ,

happens to be there's a Roman amphitheater there I have been to (25 years ago), I got the city clue from the video, but just turns out I have been there too. The amphitheater was a happy surprise.

I did NOT otherwise recognize the city .. other than its construction is typical of MANY cities in Southern France.

That's 300km away from the first place I found.

Man, if you are finding MORE places in the Polestar commercial, wow. I am about at the end of my ability, whether at home computer OR using my phone with the tiny screen.

I await the solutions. :)

Last edited:
I found another city location (sent you a PM) ,

happens to be there's a Roman amphitheater there I have been to (25 years ago), I got the city clue from the video, but just turns out I have been there too. The amphitheater was a happy surprise.

I did NOT otherwise recognize the city .. other than its construction is typical of MANY cities in Southern France.

That's 300km away from the first place I found.

Man, if you are finding MORE places in the Polestar commercial, wow. I am about at the end of my ability, whether at home computer OR using my phone with the tiny screen.

I await the solutions. :)
The interesting thing about this commercial was the idea of the different locations, like you said typical of many cities in the area. All the clips that are in town could have been done in one town, there isn't anything that unique to justify the different locations.

There are 4 different regions/cities

In looking at the closing shots it appears that it may be two different mountain roads.

Alan

The final clips are yet a very different location, get ready to Tour de France to find this location, still within 100 km of the other locations.

Alan

i sent you one more location .. its not all of them. I agree they are all in the area, but yes, the 400 km apart looks accurate given the geography and architecture.

Yes, I am done since I am not near my good equipment and can't (in a timely way) get into the cities to find the buildings.

Chaallenging game, but I still think Im out-matched :poke:

Thanks.:)

This was one that you probably needed the tools, most of the locations are non descript towns making clues a little difficult.
This afternoon I'll post the details. I knew this might be a challenge for most, even I was challenged on a couple and got lucky on a couple, for me pure persistence was the key.

Alan

Here is a map showing the different locations, some have multiple locations. Will give details later this afternoon.
Map0.jpg

Alan

The commercial opens on a high shot of Gréolières taken from the castle ruins on the hill near the Church of Saint-Étienne de Gréolières

Polestar01a.jpg

The interesting thing about this view is the town is up on a bluff, there is a 1000 ravine between the town and the mountain backdrop.
Polestar01SV.jpg

Chapelle Saint-Étienne.jpg

The Google image search of the clip located the area, enough people too the same basic picture.

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

The next few clips of the car driving through the narrow streets were done in Arles (going the wrong way).

Polestar02a.jpg

Polestar02aSV.jpg

Polestar02b.jpg

Polestar02bSV.jpg

Polestar02c.jpg

Polestar02cSV.jpg

This spot was found doing a flyover of the town found from the next clip.

Alan

From here were are teleported back to Arles again by the Arles Amphitheatre.

Hostellerie des Arènes

62 bis Rue du Refuge, 13200 Arles, France

Polestar05a.jpg

Polestar05b.jpg

Polestar05c.jpg

Polestar05SV.jpg

This was found in a flyover.

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

The briefly seen windows took a little and were found getting Street Views for the previous clip. In the second one you can see the broken wall, conduit and communication box.
Initially I thought these may not be attacked because of the broken wall and the alignment shift in the second picture. Looking at the actual building you can see the walls are not on the same plane.

This one is again by the Arles Amphitheatre

Polestar06a.jpg

Polestar06b.jpg

Polestar06SV.jpg

Alan

The Google image search gave me results but nothing that helped be locate it, just started exploring the area near previously found clips. This one is outside Gréolières.
Polestar09a1.jpg
Polestar09a2.jpg
Polestar09a3.jpg
Polestar09b.jpg
Polestar09SV.jpg

Alan

I accidently replied to a wrong thread with the details on this, search for it or wait for @Toolmanmike to fix it.

Alan
6 posts. I will see if I can move them to a different thread. I thought there were 6 but I moved 3 and that's all I see now. I hope some weren't lost. You may have to repost.

Last edited:
I accidently replied to a wrong thread with the details on this, search for it or wait for @Toolmanmike to fix it.

Alan
Wondered what happened to ya :)

Wow man. You DID put some time into that. I will wait till/if they can be moved. That thread is different though, so hope we can move em here.

Turns out, from my perspective, I mighta worked for rest of my natural life trying to sleuth out half those locations on my cell phone's stunning 6 inch diagonal screen, vs my dual monitor 30 inch diagonal screen set up at home.

Even then, I might not have been successful. The seven-decade old eyes aint what they used to be.

Nice work. You're a warrior ... but when I come back in the fall ...:poke:

(the missing ones, in order here)

The next clip is also in Arles by the Arles Amphitheatre.

Polestar03.jpg

Polestar03SV.jpg

Arles Amphitheatre.jpg

This spot was found Googling the name on the building, Brasserie L'Aficion

55 Rue de l'Amphithéâtre, 13200 Arles, France

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Next up the gentlemen playing cards we are teleported back to Gréolières from the opening.

7 Pl. Pierre Merle, 06620 Gréolières, France

Polestar04.jpg

Polestar04SV.jpg

This was found in a flyover of a previously found area.

Alan

Next up might have been the most difficult as I had to try and decipher the blurry script on the building. Note: Car goes from White to Black here

That alone wasn’t enough as it was sort of common.

Hôtel-restaurant Le Relais

Pl. du Couvert, 04360 Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, France

Polestar07a.jpg

Polestar07b.jpg

Polestar07c.jpg

Polestar07SV.jpg

Ultimately Le Relais was the only decipher that was getting results so I went to the image search and partway down the page was a picture of that building.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

From here we go to La Baume/Sisteron, this was the clip that drew me to the commercial and inspired me to locate it. I quickly realized the rest were not in the area.

Rocher de la Baume

26 Rue du Rocher, 04200 Sisteron, France

Polestar08.jpg

Polestar08SV.jpg

This was found with a simple Google image search.

Alan

My helicopter just about ran out of fuel looking for this one, good thing there was more Pepsi in the pantry.

Mont Ventoux

Polestar10a.jpg

Polestar10b.jpg

Polestar10c.jpg

Polestar10d.jpg

Every time I landed on a road there were way too many thinks wrong, centerline, different railings, terrain, trees…

Then I landed on this road. No centerline, rocks looked right and there were snow markers that matched. Just too many trees, higher we go…

Polestar10x1SV.jpg

Once I saw this ridgeline I knew I had it.
Polestar10x2SV.jpg

Polestar10x3SV.jpg

Polestar10aSV.jpg

Polestar10bSV.jpg

Polestar10cSV.jpg

This one was from pure persistence and lots of bread crumbs (markers on the map) so I know where I have been.

I’d say I probably had 6-8 hours overall in this project. The challenge is what motivated me on this one.

Alan

Maps of each of the areas.

Arles
Arles.jpg

Gréolières
Greolieres.jpg

Mont Ventoux
Mont Ventoux.jpg

Moustiers-Sainte-Marie

Sainte-Marie.jpg

La Baume/Sisteron
Sisteron.jpg