Where's the fuse box on a 57 Belvedere or is there one?

The rheostat in the headlight switch may be shorted or worn out also. Yes, no fuses, there is a 6 junction terminal block under the hood on the right side on the radiator support that needs corrosion control at times too. Marc.

Thanks all, my headlights, signals, parking lights, wipers, interior lights including the glove box and trunk light all work. Unless there's a separate breaker for just the dash lights? Also, are there tubes in the radio? I looked under the dash and see a transistor on the side. Do these radios have vibrators?

Dash lights ground through the instrument panel.
I've had good luck slowly rotating the dimmer on the headlight switch and if they start to work never touch the dimmer again.
I would check the power coming into the bulbs and put in all new ones while in there.

The radios have tubes.

Ground for my turn signals, fuel gauge, and altmeter go through the ignition switch of my '61 Dart.

If they aren't functioning after startup, I jiggle my ignition key and then they start working. I'm going to try to tighten the ignition switch mount to the dash. Don't particularly care to fumble around underneath the dash. Maybe my buddy Jack Daniels will provide encouragement.

Back