1958 Plymouth back up light/lens assembly in the rear bumper

WikedPlymouth

Reaction score
I've been looking around but can't seem to find a back up light lens for my 1958 Plymouth Belvedere. I see lots of lenses on ebay but they are for the 1958 Plymouth Suburban. I'm assuming this lens would not work on my car but wanted to ask to confirm. If not, does anyone know a place that does have them? I've tried Big M auto but he did not have one.

Thanks.

Y'all can find some parts links in the WPC Club website. That's "Walter P. Chrysler" club. Some dedicated older Chrysler parts vendors, typically.

You might also find some links at www.jholst.net website. It specializes in '55-'64 Chrysler letter cars, but also had lots of tech information and parts book listings which can cross over into non-Letter Car Chrysler products.

Be advised that anything you find NOS will be "as old as the car is", do "fragile" can be operative. SO, if you might find a good used or NOS item, head down to the larger arts/crafts store and get a kit to mold plastic items. Using you "new" lens, follow directions for making the molds from the lens' replacement, keeping the NOS or good lens for future use, in reserve. A while back, a member of another car club I'm in brought an example of such a process, using a small tail light lens from a '40s car. Everything and detail in the red lens was perfect. All of the supplies were sourced from the arts/craft store.

Just another way to use an "acceptable" lens to make a new one with fresh resin/plastic. Resin which can also be more UV-ray resistant and last longer. Refinish the reflector with some fresh "chrome" paint, add an LED bulb to the reflector, the new lens, and it should make a better situation than the original.

Just some thaoughts,
CBODY67

Back