White or Pearl White

Scott 440 TNT

Reaction score
I have a 68 300 convertible, which white upholstery color should it be.

image.jpeg

Try an email to Kim at SMS to confirm whether pearl or white. She is pretty good at responding in a day or two.

We have a '68 300 with white interior and it's "Pearl White". Now I have a question for you: I notice you have the factory stereo 8-track. I see the stereo speakers on the dash. Does your car also have factory rear stereo speakers? If so, where are they located? Thanks.

"Pearl White" for sure.

I suspect that "closed cars" (sedans and hardtops) would have had a pair of rear speakers to match. Open cars would have been just the front speakers, all things considered. I believe that B-body vehicles were different?

CBODY67

Last edited:
It is possible it had just the single rear center seat speaker. The factory just jumped the rear speaker fader to provide both channels. Many cars that were ordered with the rear defroster only had room for one rear speaker and was jumped this way. Our 68 Charger was one example.

We have a '68 300 with white interior and it's "Pearl White". Now I have a question for you: I notice you have the factory stereo 8-track. I see the stereo speakers on the dash. Does your car also have factory rear stereo speakers? If so, where are they located? Thanks.
I haven't looked too closely but there is what looks like a speaker grill mounted in the upper rear seat area. I will take a closer look to see what is mounted there for speakers.

Hi.
A number of years ago I was in a car museum in Gatlinburg Tennessee and saw a black 300 convertible with a pearl white interior. It was original i am sure and beautiful! Inspired me to go pearl white with my 67 SportFury convertible. I got the seats from Legendary and the correct vinyl dye from(house Kolor i think, sorry if I get the name wrong.) on Legendarys' links page. Best wishes with your project.

It is possible it had just the single rear center seat speaker. The factory just jumped the rear speaker fader to provide both channels. Many cars that were ordered with the rear defroster only had room for one rear speaker and was jumped this way. Our 68 Charger was one example.

Same with my 70 RR hardtop w the AM 8 track.

3 speaker dash 1 speaker in rear.

Back