Who remembers lighting strips

I had curb feelers...
embarrassed003.gif
My Dad had them on a 56 Chev that we, as a family, drove from Vancouver BC to Edmonton AB. The highway thru the mountains was little more than a poorly maintained gravel road with big rocks (mountains) to the left and near vertical cliff without guard rails on the right. Traffic pushed the gravel into ridges and the curb feelers constantly sang their little song. However when Dad had to move to the right because of oncoming traffic or rocks on the road, the curb feelers were beyond the loose grave and would go silent. l remember looking out the right rear window and couldn't see anything but sky.
That trip terrified me. To this day I can't relax in a car unless I'm driving!
Bean bag ash trays, yup had a couple.
Purple passion lights, tried them, didn't do much.

It was a step up from the Wolf Whistle...
HA, I almost spit, umm, iced tea on the tablet when I read that! When I bought my Coronet in 2001 the PO had installed the whistle on the car, I just couldn't take it off. I've used it when the 400 lb "curvy gals" were crossing the intersection, just waiting and watching their reaction. I've learned to wait till they have passed in front of your car before using it so that you can make a quick getaway if needed! :steering:

Back