Who sells leaf springs?

Scoopy G

Reaction score
Hello fellas, the bushings on my leaf springs (67 Newport Custom Fasttop) need to be replaced. I called the shop that did my NYer front end, and the VERY knowledgeable C-body guy there advises just to get new springs. He says there would be too many hours getting the old bushings out, and since the existing springs are 60 years old, it's better to just replace them.

SO, who sells them? Thanks.

Truth be told, it's just the bushings on one of the rear shackles that's bad. I'm seeing them on ebay for around $33.

Truth be told, it's just the bushings on one of the rear shackles that's bad. I'm seeing them on ebay for around $33.
Rear shackles bushings are even easier. Place a jack under one side by the frame and just take it up so it touches. Now unbolt the shackle on that side. Jack the car slowly until the shackle gets loose and pull the shackle off. Too far up and the springs and axle start to hang down. You have to find that point of equilibrium. The bushings will push out/in with your fingers.

Lather, rinse, repeat for the other side... And don't tighten the shackles more than finger tight until the car is sitting on it's tires. Then tighten... That will prevent any tearing of the bushings. A little squirt of silicone spray will help slide the new bushings in.

Parts Geek had the shackle, $25, with shipping and tax it totaled $38.

Another supplier is Eaton Detroit Springs. I have bought several A,B,E leaf spring sets over the years from them.
They will build them the way you want. Stock 1,2,3 inch higher or lower than stock.

I have had such good parts and service from Espo, I recommend them every time. THey are backlogged on their springs but they have all the parts you need.

The springs seem good. The car actually rides high in the back.

I bought mine from Summit Racing
If you are talking about the Mopar Performance springs, there are only 2 part#s that fit a C-body, and they fit 65 Fury only.
They are happen-to-also-fit springs for a Roadrunner or something.
1 is a LH, the other is a RH with an additional leaf.

Last I knew, anyway.

Thanks gents as always. I plan to simply replace the left rear shackle and leave it at that. I ordered one from Parts Geek, but it was incorrect. THEN, I left hot Tampa with my wife for a 3-week vacation to northern California.

Here's a shot from a breakfast place we ate at in San Francisco this morning. An entire '59 Edsel in the restaurant, which was pretty cool. Cheers! Rich

113_2320.JPG

Back