whoever flagged my CL add you suck eggs

saylor

Reaction score
on Christmas day too. how absolutely dare you, sir.

fine let it stay here forever you som baching fargin icehole

Date:2019-11-25 09:57:00
PostID:7026801192
Title:'68 383 mopar engine 727 transmission

**THANKSGIVING SALE ** THANKSGIVING SALE ** THANKSGIVING SALE ** THANKSGIVING SALE **<br>
<br>
OK fine the market has decided. I had a couple of hits and some interest, but no one is buying at $2500. <br>
Lets blow this thing out like a used car lot Black Friday Cyber Monday style.<br>
<br>
$1500. come get it. the whole thing. engine and transmission. as is where is.<br>
Thanksgiving Special for this turkey. Come on i need the money I got to buy shoes for my kids this Christmas, last year all they got was a pet rock and 2 packs of smack ramen. I had to send em next door for boiled water. And they burnt their hands trying to carry it back. help a family out.<br>
<br>
I don't even care if you are a chevy guy I'll still sell it to you. I wont tell anyone, promise.<br>
<br>
Its sat so long in my garage we are starting to put stuff around it like its damn furniture. i put it next to the workout equipment no one ever used so i can find it. dont worry i can find it i know where it is. we may have to move my mother in law to get to it.<br>
<br>
all those people that hit me up with their project cars and all they need was a driveline - here you go big dog. conveniently located in the DFW metroplex. you dont have to drive to houston or oklahoma. you could be beating chevys out on 635 this week with this one right here - why wait.<br>
p.y.m.w.y.m.i.<br>
<br>
<br>
all those people that hit me up with their project cars and couldn't fork over $2500 'for a core block' - this engine RUNS it was removed from a RUNNING, TAGGED, INSPECTED, OPERATIONAL car its not a freaking core its a perfectly usable serviceable complete motor it runs better than the crap chevy s-10 sitting in your garage with no motor. you know what never mind you will probably break it before you get it installed. go get another recycled coke can vortec and leave me alone.<br>
<br>
so, come on. $1500.00. fifteen hundo. just over a month on the yang 2020 plan. I bet your 401k made that just in the last week alone, you wont even miss it.<br>
<br>
Your wife said you can, I already talked to her about it the other day after lunch.<br>
<br>
and Ladies - This would make a hell of a Christmas Present for some gearhead boy in your world. it'd be like giving a stray dog a prime steak he would love you for life.<br>
<br>
$1500 right now today. llama ahora! im out here in the garage right now waiting to help you load up. its cold out here. please bring NOS original flavor.<br>
<br>
$1500<br>
$1500<br>
$1500<br>
<br>
seriously, with your purchase, I'm gonna turn around and sink the $ into my own project car. so help me help you. im dyin over here. i need bodywork (trunk and floors) done on a 68 fury. and a fast top front windshield. and KYB shocks those things are freaking pricey. oh and a vintage air setup. will trade.<br>
<br>
<br>
ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS:<br>
1968 383 motor out of a Plymouth fury. Not a ford. Not a chevy. a Plymouth. Yes just like the one your dads uncle used to drive and he had a different lady in the car with him every time you saw him. but blue. and a 4 door. and a Pontiac.<br>
<br>
mopar stock 383 2bbl. engine with 727 transmission. pulled out of a running/driving car. Put the distributor of your choice on (its sitting at TDC right now so you're good to stab and go- just like in london) and other accoutrements of your choosing and motor happily down the local freeway to the gas station today! <br>
<br>
The 'big block' mopar. the Chrysler 383 engine. real American iron right here, sports fans. Its time for you to upgrade that steamed-rice cooker you got now. Right here, right now. Not a bored over ratted out piece of crap bowtie 350 ls-whatever. No aluminum block. 8 cylinders not 4. Made out of Iron. From America. When we were great the first time.<br>
<br>
The Chrysler 383 motor is world famous for beating chevys and fords all day long. to the gas station. Foreign cars don't even try to outpace this behemoth so don't even ask. Watch them drive by you, staring in fear, as you simply sit at the gas pump. Hell this engine is better than two foreign engines put together. They couldn't even get beyond 4 cylinders. GM stopped at 350 and Ford stopped at 351 but the engineers at Chrysler were smarter and got to 383.<br>
<br>
This fine example of peak American muscle horsepower was recently removed from a perfectly good running, driving, inspected 1968 Plymouth fury that now does not run or drive, since its very heart was stolen out from it. While that car sits rusting out in the pasture, have some compassion and buy this engine and put it to good use in some kind of vehicle that's not a chevy. you'd be better off making a 383 powered wheelbarrow than driving a chevy. put some D's on it.<br>
<br>
Previously owned by a little old lady that never drove under 50. unknown mileage. She used it to pull chevys out of ditches with it on the way to the gas station/hair salon. the 727 transmission is rock solid, known around the globe as the 'bulletproof' transmission. its guaranteed by Plymouth engineering department to remove any stuck chevy on the first try. If no chevys are in your immediate area, you can use this to blow the doors off of fords. Their doors suck anyways just ask them about the pinto and how that worked out.<br>
<br>
This thing runs on gas. not corn. not E85. Not hydro-soybean-diluted extract. Dead dinosaurs. It likes the premium dinosaur juice, with a bottle of lucas thrown in. Runs like a deere. Probably still has dirt on it from 1968 so it could be considered a classic. Will pass emissions. lots of them. its not electric so you cant charge it like your phone or plug it into your house. You do not measure in miles per gallon. you have it backwards. Throw out all that metric system nonsense they tried to teach you back in school. come on.<br>
<br>
You dont come across these chrysler 383 motors just laying around every day, so buy this one now. The plymouth engine tree is long dead and aint coming back. so buy it as an early christmas present for your loved one. its first come first served when its gone its gone. dont come over here crying REEEE come over with a stack of cash and lets deal.<br>
<br>
if you show up to pick it up in any sort of mopar vehicle you can use my hoist and ill help ya load it for the small, very agreeable cost of one NOS beverage. Regular flavor please. orange and blue can looks like bud ice but says NOS down the side. Cant miss it. ask your chevy friend he knows what they look like, if he has finally upscaled from keystone lights.<br>
<br>
<br>
o.b.o.<br>
$2500 as is in the picture for everything.<br>
$2250 for engine only if you're gonna make me break it apart.<br>
$750 for 727 only if you're gonna make me break it apart.<br>
<br>
<br>
$3000 if you show up in a chevy.<br>
<br>

20190707_112709.jpg

You wonder why that BS was flagged?

break it to them gently: Your ad sucks that is why it was flagged. It will continue to happen. It’s a for sale ad, not creative writing class. Think short and sweet and to the point.

You wonder why that BS was flagged?

break it to them gently: Your ad sucks that is why it was flagged. It will continue to happen. It’s a for sale ad, not creative writing class. Think short and sweet and to the point.

it is Christmas for crying out loud.

I wouldn't do something like that because i have a life but i wouldn't read that mess either, and I love to read. I don't need a book for a For sale ad. It's still better then. "Runs Good, Needs etc, Call ***-***-****"
No offense to you though saylor, you seem a cool dude. Just my opinion.

One of the tips I saved from someone that sells regularly on Ebay ,Craigslist etc..

" Keep your description clear and concise. The vast majority of people either do not have the reading comprehension skills or the ability to focus on what they are reading for very long. Even with a brief description, you're likely to have people contact you to ask a question clearly covered in your description."

I saw the long winded lame attempt at being funny ad and wondered if we've seen that car before. Your lucky it was flagged, better than getting your phone rung off the hook by a bunch of low-baller chebbie jackasses IMHO.

I was going to put the ad up in the CL Moron thread, just hadn't got a...
Wooden.Round.Tuit.sm.jpg

:rofl:

I gotta agree, that ad is horrid. I stopped reading after the first paragraph.

Im with Jeff, are core driveline parts really going for that in your area? $2500 for a core 383 and tranny?? Seems a little nuts to me. Even $1500 is a bit high, though I’m a cheap S.O.B.

Last driveline I let go, was a decent running 440, and good shifting 727 still mated together. Let em go for $800 for the pair. Even though running, as a buyer Id still consider it a core....

I've seen plenty of LB's & RB's whether bare or short to complete pulls (carb to pan) on CL at reasonable prices, but out in the boonies so your going to haf'ta have the equipment and travel time for the bargains and if that hinders you, oh well....

I've seen a couple of oddballs recent but since someone here was listing their engine I didn't want to step on anyone's ad.

Some times ya just gotta 'Let Go' and move on.

Back