Who's in the eclipse zone?

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm 10 miles north of the total ecplise zone, it's going to be a traffic zoo around here as people head to Port Stanley and the beach on the Lake Erie north shore to be well into the zone. It it's going to be anything like today (wall to wall sunshine) then a lot of people are going to be happy. School boards have cancelled classes on monday (so they can't be blamed for kids going blind).

I see Kingston will totally be in the zone.

Who else is in the zone?

Pretty close here in the Detroit area and I’m not going to go out of my way to get any closer. We had a good one back in ‘17, is this one supposed to be better?

99% here. I bought glasses just in case it is clear, I bought a bunch of glasses to give to a few neighbour kids, but the moms said no thanks, they don't want to let the kids out and encourage them to look. Too dangerous. Oh well.

Our house is in the path so all we had to do was go out the back door but we went to the PDRA East Coast Nationals in Benson NC this weekend.

We're in Myrtle Beach playing tourist today.

It won't be a total eclipse here, but it was snowing when we left Thursday so I'm good with 76% and sunshine on the beach.

Kevin

Around 2:07pm, the eclipse will pass through the Chicago area.
94% of the total eclipse is the best we'll be able to see as it passes.

I have traveled 400 miles with my grandkids and other assorted family, to south central Illinois from Iowa to be on the center line. We are just now getting up at the motel to go the last 80 miles. Anyone around Mcleansboro Il? Btw, I am driving my '04 Mopar 300M!

Overcast and chance of rain here. That’s good, less distractions for myself, so I can temporarily fix the roof that succumbed to high winds here this past Saturday. Henry’s roof cement, a ladder, trowel, gloves, hammer and some roofing nails. Yay!

Supposed to rain here this afternoon.

IMG_0024.jpeg

So stupid and people ***** when it's cloudy. What are they really gonna see?

I drove a couple of hours south to just south of Toledo Ohio. No traffic problems on the way down. Little hazy, but mostly clear sky.

It was total here, clear sky. But it didn't result in darkness at ground level.
The big deal was the effect it had on the surrounding landscape lighting. Contrast like I've never experienced before.
For about 4 minutes the conditions were perfect for working outside in the yard, like cutting the grass. I was more comfortable than I've ever been outside. Temp here is 82 degrees, humidity low.
Conway AR.

I'm 10 miles north of the total ecplise zone, it's going to be a traffic zoo around here as people head to Port Stanley and the beach on the Lake Erie north shore to be well into the zone. It it's going to be anything like today (wall to wall sunshine) then a lot of people are going to be happy. School boards have cancelled classes on monday (so they can't be blamed for kids going blind).

I see Kingston will totally be in the zone.

Who else is in the zone?
My daughter and family went to Port Dover from Cambridge to get the full effect.

Back