Why is my 64 Imperial so difficult?

I don't blame him, I wouldn't wanna work on the filthy POS. Seriously if you want a mechanic to treat you fairly, two words 'Steam Clean'.

seriously? filthy POS?
It ain't some trailer princess that gets hauled from car show to car show, it's a 56 year old car that gets DRIVEN
Must be nice in your world, my world is laying on rocks under a car with dirt falling in my eyes, grease up to my elbows, and wouldn't consider it was 'working on a car" until I saw blood

I guess I should have scooped out all the old grease out of the busted cup on the upper ball joint before I took it to him so he so dIdnt get his hands dirty, I'm sure then I would have gotten a good job

Maybe its just me, but after doing oil changes and brake jobs on Honda's all day, I'd consider it a privilege to work on a genuine piece of Detroit steel from the good old days

But I consider myself a "car guy" I do it for love not $, dirty, rusty, beat to hell and back, it don't matter, they're all beautiful

Last edited:
seriously? filthy POS?
It ain't some trailer princess that gets hauled from car show to car show, it's a 56 year old car that gets DRIVEN
Must be nice in your world, my world is laying on rocks under a car with dirt falling in my eyes, grease up to my elbows, and wouldn't consider it was 'working on a car" until I saw blood

I guess I should have scooped out all the old grease out of the busted cup on the upper ball joint before I took it to him so he so dIdnt get his hands dirty, I'm sure then I would have gotten a good job

Maybe its just me, but after doing oil changes and brake jobs on Honda's all day, I'd consider it a privilege to work on a genuine piece of Detroit steel from the good old days

But I consider myself a "car guy" I do it for love not $, dirty, rusty, beat to hell and back, it don't matter, they're all beautiful
AMEN brother!

seriously? filthy POS?

Alrighty then, I'll take it you didn't get a set of these when you got the car back.

1968 Plymouth Fury III Floor.Mats.jpg

#nopride

In all my years as a mechanic there was never a pipe wrench in my SnapOn box, even doing field work with my truck on Heavy Equipment, never. Only pipe wrenches I owned were in the basement for household plumbing.

Best tool sometimes, when it comes to removing a trailer ball that has been on the car since FDR was POTUS.

Back