Will someone please catch me up to speed? [re: Washer Bottle 3431154]

Just to share with you guys...I Did get in touch with Todd of Q.Q.D. on 8/9/21. He reported back to me that they had started the 3431154 mold, but that it had gotten pushed aside. He said that he would ask the Owners "when" they thought it might get started again. He said he'll be sure to let all of us C Body guys know. He said that things had been crazy[busy] at QQD. I'm sure this report lines up with what you guys who have been staying on top of this issue already knew. -About visiting Carlisle; I've been wanting to for years. I sure hope I find a chance to go sometime soon. I'd really like to be able to do it before I wind up using the cane or the walker. Time is going by faster than a speeding Mopar now. Thanks to all for the help.

Screenshot_20210817-230242_eBay.jpg

Correct.

This is an example of what I will call a suspected reproduction from 15-20 years ago.

We don't know for sure if they are reproduction or if somebody found a stash of the bottles and had to make up the brackets, or possibly they are old stock, late production, that just happen to have a pop riveted bracket.

My guess is that they are reproductions, because the plastic is so nice on them. All the true NOS ones seem to have at least some discoloration of the plastic, even the one that just sold which had been sealed in it's original box.

Jeff

That is the '90s reproduction bottle. The rivets is how you tell an OE one. National Moparts up in Canada still has a few of them left but not cheap by any means.

Fyi QQEs coming reproduction is actually molded off one of those '90s repro bottles and not an actual OE one. But they are identical in almost all regards except for those rivets and maybe the black cap. Will QQE make theirs with the correct rivets?
20201108_215125.jpg

Give them a call and ask. You know which ones are correct so help them out.

I bothered them last week about the battery cables!

I spoke with Todd at QQD today when ordering a hood pad. He said about 2-3 more months until they start molding new washer bottles. The tooling is currently being finished up.

I have heard the same thing regarding our battery cables for several years now too! Supply chain issues still abound it seems..............................

Back