Will they build it?

Fratzog

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. Here's something that actually looks like a Charger with a testosterone boosting 1000 hp. This one would increase CO2 in the atmosphere a couple points all on its own. Moot point since it would be out of my league.

The ‘Hellephant’ Hemi boasts 1,000 tire-obliterating horsepower
mp018_012dg70bdl91jgr562schivddks7slf.jpg

The ‘Hellephant’ Hemi boasts 1,000 tire-obliterating horsepower

In no way was the Charger ever a consideration, it is just a ploy to get people to look at the engine and talk about it.
Hellephant.jpg

Alan

Nobody ever thought, they'd b uild the challenger. This is easy, make use of the current Challenger/ Charger platform rebody, bring out new Challenger on a new platform, have two killer cars.

I am guessing it will be out of most of our price range. I think the Hellcat crate engine is $20,000. I bet this may be in the $30,000 range. That being said I like it. :)

Remember that the LX plant has a finite production capacity. That's why Magnum went away so Challenger could happen.

Remember, too, that unless the Charger is classed as a "turn-key replica vehicle", then all safety and emissions items would need to be attended to, albeit using current vehicles to project it from.

NOW, to get around all of that, the "car" could be sold as a kit "with assembly required". AMD probably has most of the sheet metal to do it and the repro industry has anything else that might be needed. Not unlike the Factory Five kits! Shipping costs might be a little high, though.

Just some thoughts on a rainy day,
CBODY67

They'll never build it. The Dodge "Super Charger" will probably never touch asphalt, and I don't think the Hellephant is even going to pass emissions, so it isn't street legal in new cars. (Hence their advertising it for offroad cars and pre '77 cars.)

One never knows, but the rumors of a 1000 or higher horse engine have been around now for a couple of years. The "Something Big" might well be a re-born Viper or Hellcat. Cost will likely be over $100k so the market is going to be really limited if it happens.

Dave

For thirty grand, put it in a used Challenger for a ton of money less than a Hellcat. And it will have 300 more hp.

Back