Windshield polish?

I've been told by several glass shops not to use anything or polish on glass. It''ll mess it up and it can't be undone. Turns it into fish glass...whatever that means.

Very true I knew a guy who would wax his windows and over time you couldn't see thru anymore VINEGAR is best

The best explanation I received is from a glass shop in Indiana that told me that my windshield has scuff marks and there isn't any scratches. Looks like somebody went sledding down the windshield. A bunch of vertical lines. It's just a distraction when driving at night. I don't have any cracks or leaks so I'm inclined to leave her be.

Not by much...

pavzr.jpg

That's what it looked like before my cataract surgery.

Used to have an aged relative with such eyesight problems who preferred to always take his driver's-licenseless wife as a "watch dog" with him rather than having surgery. Cheap-scate millionaire.

try tube toothpaste and water. mix it into a slurry and polish with that. takes some elbow grease but it's cheap and might help

Great plan...... but finding a serviceable windshield for a formal is impossible.

Way better for European cars. Got a couple of the same vintage and if you place an order for this car at one of the glass service chains it can take 8 weeks but it seems they actually produce one to fill the order AFAIK. Did this six years ago for a green tinted windshield and it came from Britain from Triple X.

Last edited:
Have you used these products before on a windshield? What were the results if you did?

Or you could try again and try not to F*** up this time....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-NE...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588b4c76d7

Have you used these products before on a windshield? What were the results if you did?
Go back to my post where I said my company's fleet manager tried every snake oil on the planet and they all sucked at scratches.
They still replace them to this day.
The do clean very nicely, though. Even got rid of the Rain-X the newbie drivers would slather on my tractor. :soapbox:

Last edited:
Or you could try again and try not to F*** up this time....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-NE...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588b4c76d7

Go back to my post where I said my company's fleet manager tried every snake oil on the planet and they all sucked at scratches.
They still replace them to this day.
The do clean very nicely, though. Even got rid of the Rain-X the newbie drivers would slather on my tractor. :soapbox:

Thanks. That windshield is no good. Mouse over the top left corner along the top edge of that windshield. It's delaminating same as the 2nd windshield I left in Indiana. The glass is separating. That can't be fixed and will spread rapidly.

Back