Winter Plans For Your C Body

Honestly, my list is too long and winter is too short. Unfortunately, the winter is also just cold enough to make doing the work on the list damned near impossible in my uninsulated, un heated garage.

What should be done:
- tranny rebuild
- sus rebuild
- brake rebuild
- complete rewire

That alone would put me way into summer.

What I'd like to do:

- Bolt by bolt. Screw it, make her new

That would put me way into summer .. 2020, that is

What I'll likely do:

- Sus rebuild
- Brake rebuild
- Clean clean clean
- Register it in the Spring

I'm admittedly kind of a deer in headlights with the house, the shop and the car right now but if I can wrangle a grand or so to insulate that garage, I may be able to pull off that last list.

I'm afraid not but right now I am just trying to come to terms with the idea of parting with the car; and more work needs to be done on this.

It will be a hard adjustment since I've never been C-bodiless; but it will increase my freedom and reduce my expenses, particularly storage.

Due to merger/reorganization, the writing is on the wall for losing my job within a year; a very undesirable situation at my age. When I'm a bum in the park near the 79th Street Boat Basin, I hope some will throw me chicken bones....., as I grunt and scratch.

In the meantime, I could use some help in the form of strong arguments in favor of letting go of the car. Thanks
I’m sorry to hear this and I hope it somehow works out for you in some way.

Try to suffer through not being able to do anything with the Polara in storage. I can go open the door and look at it, but that's no fun. I'll try to find some more parts to make it better. I did find another 440 and trans for cheap enough, that could find it's way between the fenders next spring.

Edit: I'm going to find enough lose change to buy Dave's blue car.

Last edited:
Try to suffer through not being able to do anything with the Polara in storage. I can gonioen the door and look at it, but that's no fun. I'll try to find some more parts to make it better. I did find another 440 and trans for cheap enough, that could find it's way between the fenders next spring.

Edit: I'm going to find enough lose change to buy Dave's blue car.
I have some Home Depot buckets full of coins to donate.:rofl:

Unfortunately I don't have too much room to work on it in my garage, or heat for that matter. It pretty much stays in hibernation till spring when I have the time to get it out. Only put 250 miles on it this past year. Too busy with work & other things. Which really stinks when I think about it. Oh well, such is life.

Unfortunately I don't have too much room to work on it in my garage, or heat for that matter. It pretty much stays in hibernation till spring when I have the time to get it out. Only put 250 miles on it this past year. Too busy with work & other things. Which really stinks when I think about it. Oh well, such is life.

Make time next year and enjoy rolling down the road.

I'm preparing mentally the my car will be off the road that majority of next year. Make the big show, and then take it apart to make it better. It will be fun, and frustrating, but knowing it will be improved will be worth it. I want this car to be able to go anywhere, at any time. This will get me closer. On the flip side, the dart should finally be on the road when the Polara is down, so I should be able to drive something old around town.

possibly sell it as the sun and I don't get along

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

I'm afraid not but right now I am just trying to come to terms with the idea of parting with the car; and more work needs to be done on this.

It will be a hard adjustment since I've never been C-bodiless; but it will increase my freedom and reduce my expenses, particularly storage.

Due to merger/reorganization, the writing is on the wall for losing my job within a year; a very undesirable situation at my age. When I'm a bum in the park near the 79th Street Boat Basin, I hope some will throw me chicken bones....., as I grunt and scratch.

In the meantime, I could use some help in the form of strong arguments in favor of letting go of the car. Thanks
I'm sorry to hear this, Oliver. My grandma used to say, when one door closes another opens. I hope that door opens for you quickly.

Need to put in the window seals and should look over the upper control arm bushings, lower control arm bushing. Changed the ball joints and never put in the bushings that were in the kit.

My list isn’t too bad.

Finish the trans tear down and rebuild. Currently I need to find/buy a slide hammer to pull the trans pump. Then it’s time to really get weird.

Replace the timing chain and gears. Replace oil pan gasket and possibly the rear main seal while I’m in there.

New dual plane intake manifold on the 383. If anyone wants a Holley single plane I’ll let one go for cheap.

I have a couple things to do. The left side exhaust manifold is leaking and I need to pull that and correct it. I want to get the vacuum hoses etc. straightened around so the A/C works a little better. I'm thinking of updating the radio to an Aurora conversion. I just got the radio back for my Barracuda and it's a lot better than the AAR conversion that was done before I bought the car.

The cold garage isn't calling to me though... LOL..

Back