wipers on the 76 yorker

66furywagon

Reaction score
i have not got into it yet the wipers dont work.
i heard the arm drop when i turned them on .
motor works fine is this the 1 plastic bushing i need
see pic

Picture.jpg

I would get the ones from a Chrysler dealer. Big, big difference in quality.

Those bushings snap in place just like they did 40 years ago. The "Help" bushings will work but you can definitely tell they are made out of inferior plastic.

All I hear about is how bad formal wipers are. Guess I'm real lucky (so far) lol

Good luck with the swap

All I hear about is how bad formal wipers are. Guess I'm real lucky (so far) lol

Good luck with the swap

Zac, it's just the 1978 Formals with the disastrous big wiper cam where it mounts to the wiper motor. The 1974-1977 wiper cam don't have a problem. I converted mine to the 1974-1977 version and it works fine.The bushings that we are talking about here are for all formal wiper linkage bushings which work out fine. The Chrysler bushings are the best answer.

Anyone have a 74-77 setup for sale?

You're going to have to make a mod by cutting off the 1977 piece that mounts to the wiper motor and weld it on to the 1978 piece that mounts to the wiper motor. Then the 1974-1977 linkage rod from the wiper motor to the left side transmission will work.

DSC02239.jpgDSC02240.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

What is the fix?
1978 NYB passed away last year. His fix is shown in post #12 above.

There is a more detailed thread that he did on this years ago, but I don't have the link. Maybe someone else has bookmarked it.

Back