Wollfen's 1973 Plymouth Fury III Sedan

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well I decided to start working on this car too while I'm working on two other cars (three actually, but who's counting right?) This car was owned by a little old lady that only drove it to church on Sundays (Okay the Sundays thing may be a bit of a stretch, but it really did belong to a little old lady.)
I got this car from Cbody Bob as part of our dealings and i originally helped with the pickup of it as the car was missing the disk brakes out of it and I supplied some B body drums and spindles to get it on four wheels to get it home.
Long story short it ended up at my place later and I replaced the drums with C body units and put another power booster and master cylinder in it too. All connected up now and just needing bleeding.
I threw a battery in it and gave it a kick, while it turned over there was no magic moment. Checked it, sure enough, no spark, story of my life if you have been following my other thread on Dales 69 300. I checked through the wiring and yeah, it doesn't look good. Well I'm guessing I will have to check every little bit and find the failed part. In the meantime, you all get to watch, stare and laugh as I curse and kick the thing to life in the coming weeks. Then I have to decide what I will do with it? Cop car clone? Taxi clone? (Very desirable I know)

Car.jpg
Car1.jpg
Pickup8.jpg
Car2.jpg
Car3.jpg
Car4.jpg
Car5.jpg
DSCF4094.jpg
tag1.jpg
Trunk area.jpg

Start by checking the ground on the ECU, it will not work unless it has a good ground. If you do not already know, that is the unit mounted next to the fender brace on the passenger side. Also remove the harness and check the terminals and plug for corrosion and clean as necessary. Then see if you have power to the coil and test it to see if it will fire by removing the distributor lead (-) and ground the coil with the key on, if the coil fires as the ground is applied and released you know it is working. Works best to place the coil wire about 1/4" from a good ground. Try the above and report back.

Dave

If it is too far gone to run again, do the black and white paint job and leave it upside down next to a blown out billboard in memory of Burt Reynolds.

Dave

Well I have been checking the system electrically and I have to say, the mess is leaving me scratching my head, can anyone tell me if this setup is all factory? Check that plug next to the inline fusible link, plus a double plug to the left of that. It is a mess and I am seriously considering pulling it all out and replacing it with a 73 NYB harness i have here. Also, what is that round thing lower right?

DSCF4096.jpg
DSCF4097.jpg

It looks like you do have some extra wires there.

398D8C19-F334-469A-8A63-45F735879FB5.jpeg

I’d start by carefully unraveling that tangled mess to make the splice ins more obvious. You’ll need to reverse engineer some of the “repair” work done. My guess is that they were trying to bypass some faults or faulty connections in the main harness. Check it first for damage starting inside at the fuse box and go from there. Replacing might be more work than proper repair of the existing.

If after unraveling this mess you find that the original harness has been cut into a lot.... replace it.

Last edited:
Seems like at least family members of us have Ms. This is my dad`s:

Forssa_2016_06.jpg

Back