Wondering about production numbers

Reaction score
I have a 67 300 convertible with the following options. I was wondering if anyone knows how many were produced like mine,

I do know there were about 1500 67 300 'verts built.

440 TNT
Automatic
3.23 Sure Grip
Power steering
Power disc brakes
leather bucket seats with console
Power windows

Its white with a black top and black interior.

There's no way to know but one of our beloved here on this site often says that you're less likely to see two that are the same than you are to see a 1 of 1.

Last edited:
I have a 67 300 convertible with the following options. I was wondering if anyone knows how many were produced like mine,

I do know there were about 1500 67 300 'verts built.

440 TNT
Automatic
3.23 Sure Grip
Power steering
Power disc brakes
leather bucket seats with console
Power windows

Its white with a black top and black interior.

I've got the remains of a Canadian 67 300 Convert. L code 375 horsepower disc,323 suregrip, white with a gold bench interior, power windows etc....close lol.

Hmm. 42 seems a good number! In my entire life I've only seen ONE other 67 300. It was a 4 door hardtop. I have seen a 66 300 'vert similarly equipped at a car show once and I know of someone thru one of these internet boards that has a similar 66 300 in Canada.

Thanks for all the responses though! Here's my story about how I found my car. I was looking for a Mopar from the years 62 to 68 and I belonged to the Chrysler 300 club. I saw an add for a 67 300 'vert in there mag that was near me. I figured I could at least look at it in person. It was the First 67 300 I'd ever seen and it looked GOOD. Anyway, after a short drive I decided to buy it. It was overpriced for the condition it was in but I took the plunge anyway.

The car was in good cosmetic condition but it needed a LOT of mechanical work. Over the years I've taken care of all that and I have a very nice and reliable driver. It impressed people all the time when I drive it. I just figured it was kind of rare; after all the 440 engine was standard on the 300 in 67, how many people would go ahead and spring for the TNT package?? It wasn't a GTX or anything.

Considering that and the other options, there's no doubt it is pretty rare.

Hmm. 42 seems a good number! In my entire life I've only seen ONE other 67 300. It was a 4 door hardtop. I have seen a 66 300 'vert similarly equipped at a car show once and I know of someone thru one of these internet boards that has a similar 66 300 in Canada.

Thanks for all the responses though! Here's my story about how I found my car. I was looking for a Mopar from the years 62 to 68 and I belonged to the Chrysler 300 club. I saw an add for a 67 300 'vert in there mag that was near me. I figured I could at least look at it in person. It was the First 67 300 I'd ever seen and it looked GOOD. Anyway, after a short drive I decided to buy it. It was overpriced for the condition it was in but I took the plunge anyway.

The car was in good cosmetic condition but it needed a LOT of mechanical work. Over the years I've taken care of all that and I have a very nice and reliable driver. It impressed people all the time when I drive it. I just figured it was kind of rare; after all the 440 engine was standard on the 300 in 67, how many people would go ahead and spring for the TNT package?? It wasn't a GTX or anything.

Considering that and the other options, there's no doubt it is pretty rare.
There's no doubt your car is rare. Not many were made to begin with and now 50 years later many speculate that only 10% still survive. Have we seen pictures?

Yep, all the 300 verts are rare.

I just discovered a 68 300 vert at my local Midas. Not bad....rear quarters rotted out but the rest of the car is solid. Rocker panel covers are huge and may have some rust under them but doesn't look like the rockers are rusted out. The convertible top is a complete disaster but he said he has a complete new interior. It's blue with a white interior. Still has the original 440 and it starts right up.

I wish I could post some pics. My camera has been down. Just let me say, my car makes a good impression and I get LOTS of thumbs up and questions whenever I drive it. It is NOT a reference restoration or a perfect trailer queen by any means. I've owned it for 11 years and drive it whenever conditions permit. I've had almost all the mechanical issues attended to and I had whatever rust was in the quarters fixed. The previous owner had it repainted, bumpers rechromed and a new convertible top installed. That was all about 15 years or so ago. All that stuff is still pretty good and the car makes a good impression. There are a number of small items that would have to be addressed to make it a "show piece" but I'm not worried about them.

The interior is all original except for the carpet. Leather buckets in USable condition with the usual cracks that appear in old leather.

Your description is all well and good but..:mob:we want pics.

Don't know if I mentioned this. I had never seen a 67 300 before I saw mine!! I had seen 65's, 66's and 68's but never a 67. My favorite has always been the 66 and I figured the 67 couldn't be THAT different. When I went to see my car for the first time it was sitting outside a storage facility facing in my direction. First thing I thought was that it WAS similar enough to the 66.

My father drove me up to see my car for the first time and he's NOT much of a car guy. When we were looking at the car and in the engine compartment he said; "Wow!" I knew then I really had something.

Well we'll just wait and see then.:poke:

Back