Working on a 400

Ha, ok no more cyanide this year :eek:
I hammered out a couple small dents from the bottom and got a coat of paint on it. Will share pics tomorrow as it goes on and in.
20181231_165212.jpg

You freakin' Illinois guys make me sick with the rate of which you get things done! Weather cooperating in December/January? That's a foreign thought to me. If I had as much time as you did (and got off my *** more) I'd have more cars on the road! Weather! Who'da thunk it?

Did Xenon say edibles? He must have gone to Michigan. :poke:

Last edited:
:D lol Scott I'm just taking advantage of some fair weather we are having. Tomorrow the high is 30 but as long as it's not snowing I will be outside in the driveway. Wish I was getting more done, got lots of C body driving I want to do next year.
And they better not be true "edibles", I get piss tested at work! :wideyed:

:D lol Scott I'm just taking advantage of some fair weather we are having. Tomorrow the high is 30 but as long as it's not snowing I will be outside in the driveway. Wish I was getting more done, got lots of C body driving I want to do next year.
And they better not be true "edibles", I get piss tested at work! :wideyed:
Good for you, keep at it, you can take more than one to Volo next year!

Today it wasn't sleeting, so my youngest son and I were able to get that pan swapped.
20190103_131009.jpg
20190103_130940.jpg
20190103_125352.jpg
20190103_160316.jpg
20190103_160509.jpg

There was a slight difference in angle with the pickup tube, and here's a pic that shows the difference in the pans. The 74-78 piece shows battle scars from the unsuccessful effort of trying to squeeze it in.
20190103_123555.jpg
20190103_124407.jpg

Yeah we've been super fortunate in northern IL with mild weather in the 30s. I'll be working this weekend but it's supposed to be in the 40s, crazy!

We had the wettest year on record in Maryland in 2018. We had almost 72"of rain. The norm is 41". It rained 191 days, 35 out of 52 weekends. The rain really messed up the farmers here. I'm hoping for more sun and fair weather in 2019.

Has anyone had luck finding a common spray paint that can be purchased locally and exactly matches the factory blue color?

I'll buy the expensive stuff if necessary, just thought I'd ask first.

View attachment 236531

I just ordered a can from my local Dodge dealer. I can't believe this dealership parts dept runs worse than Pep Boys. It took her 20 minutes to check the availability of the paint after I gave her the part number. Then she was arguing with some one and asked me to hold and didn't realize she didn't have me on hold and continued to argue with it sounded like the service manager about 3 parts orders that weren't in the system and she said she ordered them. Anyways.... I was just happy she found the paint. This parts dept 99% of the time tells me they can't get a part even when I give them the part number. I'll call another dealer and they can get the part for me. The only reason I get parts from this dealer is because the next dealer is 15 miles farther away. I recently bought my 2 new vehicles from this dealer and got great deals with Graham's guidance. The service dept here is outstanding too and they really love the NYB when it roars up to their doors. I also try to support my community by buying local. She said if I don't hear from them in a week my paint probably came in and just to stop by. Nice! LOL!

Back