WPC Swap Meet, Jan. 25th

It's because its in January that its so great, when there's so little else to look forward to.

It's because its in January that its so great, when there's so little else to look forward to.

WHY is this show a one-day show ? Seems like a lotta dealers / sellers would think it a waste - especially if schlepping all the way there in the middle of winter from somewhere south. This show oughta be a 2 1/2 day show. Set up on Friday and open Friday nite thru Sunday. I think I would schlep all the way up there for that. . .

A lot goes down the day before between vendors of course but I don't know why it's not a 2 day show. It started out at a local community college as the venue so 2 days for the whole thing was all they had for that room. I don't think that's the case here but who knows, maybe its tradition.

That's a good point. I remember living in the Detriot area and being event "starved" this time of year.
For several years after moving south I would treck back for a family event every "last Saturday" in January. But 600 miles of Tenn, Kentucky & Ohio at this time of year got to be too harrowing. 360 degree spins on I75, getting snowed into a motel for days, and pulling seat material out of my *** after driving through the mountains just ain't worth it.

There is a show/auction at the Atlantic City Convention center every February. When I do go I take the train down...... people go to it because they are starving for an event, yet, it's usually a waste of time

Well Will, I used to live within striking distance but I think those dayz are gone fer ah spell. The Detroit WPC gang ustah hold that January Swap Meet at the MO-Tec Center off I-96 and Middlebelt, ah 1/2 hour drive for me one way 'til they out grew it. Then they found a new home at the McComb Community College in their Basketball Stadium and that made the trip ah full hour one way but still it waz a social event to bench race with car-buds so I continued to make the pilgrimage. Then 4-5 yearz ago for some reason that's never been explained to us Riff-Raffs they decide to move it to Mt Clemens which putz it ah tad more then 1 1/2 hourz each way. Now I know that most of the WPC Detroit Memberz live on the north and east side of the Motor City but COME ON? Are they gonna move that swap Meet into one of 'umz basement and do sleep overz for Memberz only? I finally realized if I needed partz for any of my ridez now or in the future I could get 'um with ah phone call and I've proved it to me. Now I bench Race at the mother of all swap meetz they call Carlisle 'cuz it'z only ah couple more hourz farther down the road, but I'm Jonesin' way bad 'cuz I missed that one last year too! DUM DUM, Jer

Gonna do everything I can to be there Dave. A lot dependz on ah few personal issuez. I think those will be adequately resolved before July tho', and then instead of 450 milez we're now lookin' at 500 from the new ponderosa. My hope iz that I'll have the turbo GT Scamp up and running before then. That little guy will be good for close to 30 MPG and If it's not together I'll be cursed with 12 MPG in the Maxi. You ever try to put one together while it's in ah 10X20 storage building? PAHLEEZ PRAY FOR THE 'OLE GUY, PAHLEEZ

Most definitely! !

Gonna do everything I can to be there Dave. A lot dependz on ah few personal issuez. I think those will be adequately resolved before July tho', and then instead of 450 milez we're now lookin' at 500 from the new ponderosa. My hope iz that I'll have the turbo GT Scamp up and running before then. That little guy will be good for close to 30 MPG and If it's not together I'll be cursed with 12 MPG in the Maxi. You ever try to put one together while it's in ah 10X20 storage building? PAHLEEZ PRAY FOR THE 'OLE GUY, PAHLEEZ

Back