Wrong brake booster? Holes dont line up

When you say that you "gave away" your original booster, do you mean that you sent it out to be rebuilt and it will be back in a month or so? Or did you actually give it away, and it's gone for good?

If it's gone, and you have nothing, you could use the large, single diaphragm booster for '71-'73 C bodies. It looks like Rock Auto has them in stock for $130.

More Information for CARDONE 5473700

Jeff
Thank you, I will check Rock Auto out. What a great solution if it works out! Appreciate it.

Thank you, I will check Rock Auto out. What a great solution if it works out! Appreciate it.
I took the old one out of the car and gave it to an auto parts store for their inclusion in the weekly pickup of all the cores collected during the week for rebuilding. I had bought my wrong one online and the cost of shipping it to the seller was way more than the core charge. I couldn't see just dumping it in a landfill. In the intervening years the supply of remanufactured boosters has apparently largely dried up. Lesson learned, check your new parts for fit and completeness, etc., when they arrive, not five years later when you actually get around to installing them. I tend to learn things the hard way.

I had a 69 Fury with power drum brakes, it had the Midlands single diaphragm and the 69 New Yorker, power disc brake car I have, has a Bendix Dual Diaphragm booster.
Do you know if the plunger thing connecting to the brake pedal on your New Yorker connects straight to the pedal, or is there a linkage thing? What a great car to have.

I pulled the trigger and ordered it. When it gets here we'll see if the mounting holes line up, if the plunger thing's loop on the end is the right diameter for the brake pedal mounting bolt, and whether the brake pedal ends up in the right position. If these stars align, woo hoo! Thanks for noticing that that one was available. I can't believe this vintage of the c bodies is entering the land of "ancients", where you can't readily get run of the mill stuff like brake boosters. It's a '69 Plymouth, not a '43 Talbot Lago Emperor or something, jeez!

When you say that you "gave away" your original booster, do you mean that you sent it out to be rebuilt and it will be back in a month or so? Or did you actually give it away, and it's gone for good?

If it's gone, and you have nothing, you could use the large, single diaphragm booster for '71-'73 C bodies. It looks like Rock Auto has them in stock for $130.

More Information for CARDONE 5473700

Jeff
Hey Big Mopar - I just want to say thank you for your suggestion. I did find the booster you referred to at Rock Auto, and it arrived today. The mounting holes line up on my 69 Fury, and the brake plunger/actuator thing has the right sized hole to bolt up with the brake pedal. So thank you very much. Your suspicion that this booster would work was right on. Take care, Bob

Back