WTB 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw SFGT and EV2, no v-top, buckets and console. Exactly what I wanted. Exspecially colourwise

The seller of the 71 SFGT turned down my offer of 12k when he was finally willing to sell it for 15k. And he said he sold it for 15k. The 75k were unreasonable but it is not a number that I threw out. It was the seller as Stan mentioned it.

I know it was the seller, I understand. It is unreasonable, the 15 thousand seems unreasonable from the one little photo.....

the auction had way more photos but it was a major project anyhow.

A major project and you were willing to throw twelve? How is that worth it?

because it was exactly what I wanted.

EV2 (Hi impact colur)
no v-top
console car

It was how I would have ordered it back in 71 (ok, I would have preferred GY3 citron yella slightly more than EV2)

If it would have been green/brown/white whatever I wouldn't have had any interestet in it due to its condition.

So knowing that only 375 were build in 71, not many survived in general, and I know of only four factory EV2 orange cars (and one in GY3) it was one of the few chances to really be able to buy what I wanted.

All valid points and looking at what is available I guess it is worth it to you.

that is it. Due to the rarity I was willing to pay 50% more of what I thought it is "really" worth.

But as it turned out it was not enough. Someone wanted it more than I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back