Wyatt Made Me Do It!

It seems like Dodge is relegating the most recent versions of these Hellcats that many are buying now to the "sissy" models. Here is the new version with a parachute and much more...............................including 1025 hp.

View attachment 588110

2023 Challenger SRT Demon 170 Ends Dodge's Era of Excess with 1025-HP V-8

For those that really want to play with the Tesla Model S Plaids....................................................at about the same price too. Better hurry up before this limited production model is no longer available and make sure you have an E85 gas station nearby.

Stellantis must have some extra cash to play with...............................
Come on now Steve, you have to buy the parachute separately through Direct Connection. :poke: E85 at almost every station in the state.

But we're not talking about the new Demon, this thread is about my Scat Pack. Which, looks good standing still. Yes, I stop by after work and look at it. I do say hi to all my cars though, and hug my Polara every now and again.

PXL_20230321_020230628.jpg

Last edited:
I am just teasing Scott, as I really love your new Charger - everything about it and especially the color!

All of our fuel in California is 15% ethanol by law but finding E85 which is mostly ethanol isn't widely available out here at least.

I posted this about the Challenger because I thought it was unusual with all of the emphasis on EVs that Chrysler/Stellantis would spend the development money to do this one last shot deal. Stellantis did make good profits though this last year and the best performer of all their brands was the Chrysler Division (including all their brands).

Have fun!

I am just teasing Scott, as I really love your new Charger - everything about it and especially the color!

All of our fuel in California is 15% ethanol by law but finding E85 which is mostly ethanol isn't widely available out here at least.

I posted this about the Challenger because I thought it was unusual with all of the emphasis on EVs that Chrysler/Stellantis would spend the development money to do this one last shot deal. Stellantis did make good profits though this last year and the best performer of all their brands was the Chrysler Division (including all their brands).

Have fun!
Why they are even bothering to shelve these beasts is beyond me. CAFE standards are complete crap in my opinion, (I'm not going to get into any environmental stuff at all, that's for another thread) that should have nothing to do with what auto manufacturers want to produce. But they did have a hand in the demise of race cars for the street, aka Scat Packs and Hellcats. That helped play into my decision to get my car sooner than later. I'm glad I did, I'd be pissed at myself if I waited three years to be able to enjoy today's technology in an ICE vehicle like I'm able to with the Scat Pack.

I'd love to say I'm not going to drive it that much, but it's hard when it's got everything going for it, looks, comfort, performance and it's probably the most economic vehicle I have, working my way up into the 20's for mpg. 30's are doable with proper driving. Most of the time I'm only doing 5 over on cruise control, and it's actually a little boring. But a stomp on the loud pedal gives me a note that puts a smile on my face for another few miles. I'm looking forward to a road trip to Illinois, and a run down the track with Wyatt. He knows his car much better than I know mine, so it will be fun to see how we perform. I hope he has some slicks by then, I'd love to see the difference in times.

Track time will be interesting.
Whats this talk about blindspots?
The only two windows that count are the front, to see how open the road is just before stomping the go fast pedal, and the rear window to check for flashing blue lights.

20230305_113156.jpg

20230305_153813.jpg

The only two windows that count are the front, to see how open the road is just before stomping the go fast pedal, and the rear window to check for flashing blue lights.
That’d be three windows :poke:

Regardless, merging right or left in heavy traffic requires more than just the ability to push the gas pedal. The Charger has a much smaller blind spot. I love the Chally, but if I buy either car before they’re all gone, it’ll be a Charger — mostly for that reason. That’s because I put more miles on open roads then in heavy traffic, but spend more time in the latter then the former. YMMV.

New cars are much safer than old ones in every way except visibility. Even my 2004 Ram 3500 has such a wide A pillar I've missed seeing pedestrians in parking lots. Old Mopar wagons have no blind spots. Turn your head and see out in any direction.

No doubt the Challenger has a worse blind spot view than the Charger and @ayilar , you are right about

but growing up driving all types of cars with only one outside mirror, knowing your surroundings and always looking over your right shoulder when changing lanes is a habit that is hard to break, even with all the warning bells and whistles that new cars have today.
My last "new" car with 2 doors was a 2001 Monte Carlo. Been driving 4 doors since 2006, and still daily drive the 2013 300C.
I really like the prime examples of Scotts & Wyatts widebody Chargers, but I'm with the crowd that wished Dodge made the Charger a 2 door when they rolled out the 6th generation 17 years ago.
The Challenger's retro styling and performance hit all the buttons for me when deciding to go with the SPWBS.

Track time will be interesting.

View attachment 588273

View attachment 588274
Do you let the grumpy old man who lives under that bridge drive either of those?

No doubt the Challenger has a worse blind spot view than the Charger and @ayilar , you are right about

but growing up driving all types of cars with only one outside mirror, knowing your surroundings and always looking over your right shoulder when changing lanes is a habit that is hard to break, even with all the warning bells and whistles that new cars have today.
My last "new" car with 2 doors was a 2001 Monte Carlo. Been driving 4 doors since 2006, and still daily drive the 2013 300C.
I really like the prime examples of Scotts & Wyatts widebody Chargers, but I'm with the crowd that wished Dodge made the Charger a 2 door when they rolled out the 6th generation 17 years ago.
The Challenger's retro styling and performance hit all the buttons for me when deciding to go with the SPWBS.
One of the first cars I drove besides the farm truck was a 71 mustang, there should be no discussion of limited visibility in this thread :rofl:

Not even 600 miles on the car, and it picked up a nail in the left rear tire. Better than the bent rim I thought I had, I hit a giant pothole the previous time out, so I got a surprise when the dash was telling me I had 1 pound of pressure in it! Gas station was only a block and a half away. Price of the tire sucked, $400! Back up and took it out for a drive to help a friend pick up his Harley parts.

PXL_20230520_194506067.jpg

PXL_20230520_205253748.jpg

I love this car, I never get tired if looking at it. It's not by design that it gets driven so little, but it's a nice benefit with having other cars to drive.

Effecting the CAFE standard comparison is the hopefully never often used front license plate bracket from Sto-n-Sho. Spring release clip and it on it off in seconds. I hate dumb laws.

PXL_20230914_154003573.jpg

Took the car to the dealership to fix the radio. They didn't. The software didn't take, but it changed the accent color to blue. I have to bring it back within ten days of them getting the replacement radio. But the service writer and a couple of salesmen were checking out the unnecessary bling! Even the shuttle driver complimented the car, then proceeded to tell me stories of back in the day racing in the area.

Back