Yah, I'd sell a kidney for this. 1964 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ec9af1c07#ht_500wt_1183

2u8ylch.jpg

964 Chrysler 300 Series 2 door hard top
This car has the "WOW" factor. Very few people have ever seen one. Very Rare, factory original (except for paint color and wheels), Ram Air Induction, 413 (390hp) RB (raised block) wedge. Dual Point Distributor, original. Original (rebuilt) C300K engine, dated 1/24/64. This engine was special order for 1964, and like the convertible and four speed cars, very few were delivered in 1964. Of the total 3200 300k's built in 1964, only around 450 are estimated to still exist. 1965 300L was the last of the letter series models that ran from 1955-65.This is a factory original car in very good condition (normal wear). It has power windows (all working), power driver and passenger seats (both working). Radio works, cigarette lighters (front and rear) both working. All electrical working. Factory air conditioning (needs servicing). Power brakes. Original rear end swapped out for a 1965 Newport by original owner who was a Chrysler mechanic in Arizona. He felt that the original was difficult to maintain the brakes due to the large retainer nut on the axles. Owner did keep the original rear end and it is in my possession should buyer wish to have it.
I have the original "Transfer of Ownership" form conveying this car to first buyer on 8/24/1964. Included in the sale is the original service manual. Original factory owners manual including 300k spec manual, Factory repair manual and sales brochure will be given to new buyer. These items of evidence are included in the pictures of this listing.
Several misc parts will be included with this sale. Numerous additional exterior and interior trim pieces collected through the years. Also tail light lenses, frames, fuel filler doors, wheel trim, ash trays and an extra cigarette lighter.
This car only continues to go up in value due to it's rarity. Recently a 1962 300H sold for $42,000.
Seller will except no trades. Buyers initial deposit to be deposited in Seller's PayPal account within forty-eight hours of auction ending. Car available for inspection by prospective buyers with notice of intent. Only bids from know buyers through Ebay excepted. Cash transfer or deposit of funds required before release of title and car. Shipping arrangements responsibility of Buyers although Seller will assist whenever possible.
Scammers, flakes and crooks, please relax and take a break as your stories have been heard before.

tem Location:Fresno, California, United States
Time left:4h 38m 58s (Aug 20, 201313:00:00 PDT)
Bid history:0 bids

Starting bid:US $24,500.00

What is the meaning of "letter" and/or "non-letter"?

The Chrysler "300" started life as a luxuary performance car in 1955 as a C300. In 56 the 300 was followed by a B and so on through the preceding years.... 57C, 58D, etc. The letter "I" was passed over in 63 when the 300 went from 62H to 63J. The last letter series 300 was the "L" in 1965. By that time there was a base, (non HP) version of the 300 as well as the letter series.... Hense..."the letter cars".

The non letter series was also called the Sport 300 series and simply replaced the mid range Windsor series in 62 trying to cash in on the fame of the higher priced letter series, which worked well at the expense of the letter cars but profitwise it was a good idea for Chrysler.

Thank you guys! That was a great explanation :) There are so many things to learn about this great automobil era!

And the damn thing had air. Arggggghhhhhhh. Of all cars to go beyond repair.....
Next, you'll find me the same thing only with a 4 speed...

Stan...... Heres a black 64 300K..... original cross ram car that you can get for MUCH less then a kidney.

Thanks a lot. I already had 5 bidders in China for 25K plus my finders fee for that kidney. Just when I thought I could get ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back