years of Chryslers

tyke

Reaction score
OK, I'm new here and I have a question to what years a c-body qualifies - I have acquired a 1955 St Regis and do find it difficult to find parts, help

Welcome. If you post photos of your car, that'd be great.

@marty mopar owns Arizona Parts, and has LOTS of parts including all sorts of trim bits (NOS and high-quality used). He may have more parts for later years than for a 1955, but he'd be a great place to start.

@mobileparts has many hard-to-find mechanical parts.

--> I have bought from both for my fuselage-era Mopars, and been very happy with the outcomes.

In addition, look at the folks who post on the Forward Look part of FCBO. @saforwardlook in particular knows a ton about those cars.

I have a 1957 Plymouth. You have come to the right place. Look at the Forward Look section. There are a lot of people that can help you out. Post some pictures of your '55.

OK, I'm new here and I have a question to what years a c-body qualifies - I have acquired a 1955 St Regis and do find it difficult to find parts, help
Technically, C-body began with the 1965 model year. Forward look is not a C-body. However, forward look is cool, because it is a full-frame car, while c-body is unibody. If you've ever put a c-body on jack stands without a block of wood on the jack stand saddle and seen small dents in the subframe where the jack stand was, you know what I'm talking about.

Welcome. The first year of a C-body is 1965.

forward look is 1955-1961.

1955-1959 is full frame
1960-1961 is unibody

this website is good
Home of The Forward Look

Last edited:
I believe that Forward Look started in 1955, as I recall, with the "new genration" styling. Coil spring front suspensions, as torsion bar front suspensions started in 1957. 1955-56 Chryslers were popular with Hollywood movies, which was pretty neat.

Welcome aboard,
CBODY67

Thanks everyone, at least now I know what I have. I will post some pictures as soon s I take them. it's not much to look at now, but I know they were pretty cars. I have a few before pictures I am interested in removing the dash pad now

DSCN3336[1].JPG

DSCN3338[1].JPG

DSCN3344[1].JPG

DSCN3349[1].JPG

Last edited:
Back