For Sale Yikes... 67 mobile director $34K

Status
Not open for further replies.

340Dave

Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale on the "Rock"
You'd think for a $34K cdn asking price, you might want to leave the car cover and stuff out of the trunk shot...and maybe invest in a bulb or two
Not sure if any of us are familiar with this one?

Quote:
Texas car. Loaded with options. Only 150 made with mobile director. Message for more details and/or pics.

1967 Chrysler Imperial-Mobile Director | Classic Cars | St. John's | Kijiji

imp md1.JPG

imp md2.JPG

imp md3.JPG

imp md4.JPG

imp md5.JPG

imp md6.JPG

imp md7.JPG

imp md8.JPG

imp md9.JPG

imp md10.JPG

Gorgeous car! I wonder if it has retained its lamp? Dual snorkel added at some point, I don’t think you could get one in ‘67 iirc..
Front seats redone and I’m not a fan of headrests but maybe MD option included them?

This car has been around before, and with the seats being such a central part of the car's unique option status, wouldn't it be wise to pony up a few hundred extra bucks for leather?

Nice Imp! Love the interior and the paint too

The back seats still look original which makes the fronts even harder to handle.

I have a question, were all Mobile Director cars 2 doors? I've just started to pay closer attention to these as a few have shown up the last year or so.

I have a question, were all Mobile Director cars 2 doors? I've just started to pay closer attention to these as a few have shown up the last year or so.
Yes, all coupes.

Price is relevant to all....with that in mind half of this price is optimistic......where is he getting his comparable.

He’s fishing. The common “asking” price for these is around 30K for fine examples.

I thought that the dual snorkel air cleaner came with the dual exhaust option on an Imperial. The engine was still not the HP 440, but the rating was 360 HP with the air cleaner and exhaust.

Agreed, I have seen an option in 67 or 68 for a higher-output 440.

If they did this option in a 4dr I bet they would've sold a bunch. The idea was grand, but a typical exec who would've utilized such a business convenience doesn't want to climb in back wearing a suit.

I wonder about the rear lights being on - the front parking lamps aren't on in any of the other pics - brakelites stuck on?

I've seen a few of these MDs offered in teh $30 range on ebay, but don't recall seeing any sell for that. I think if he got $15-20 he'd be lucky? Just my uninformed opinion...

And those tailpipes need to be about 2" shorter on a car of this type. Not a hotrod...

Agreed, I have seen an option in 67 or 68 for a higher-output 440.

If they did this option in a 4dr I bet they would've sold a bunch. The idea was grand, but a typical exec who would've utilized such a business convenience doesn't want to climb in back wearing a suit.

I wonder about the rear lights being on - the front parking lamps aren't on in any of the other pics - brakelites stuck on?

I've seen a few of these MDs offered in teh $30 range on ebay, but don't recall seeing any sell for that. I think if he got $15-20 he'd be lucky? Just my uninformed opinion...

I've seen drawings of 60s concepts where the passenger seat folds down to become a table for the rear seat (like this but with a much better looking interior)...

astroseats2.jpg

If they'd been able to pull that off in a sedan, and patent it, I'll bet the Imperial would have lasted beyond 1975.

That GM interior includes some of those gray plastic design features I like to refer to as 'interior by Hasbro'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back