Your '58 Plymouth Primer

I agree,I was super tempted to buy the one I saw on eBay many years ago,but it was in New York and I didn't trust that it would survive shipping. It sure is a beautiful sign though. I can't imagine many are left. Everything from that era was so thoughtfully designed,true effort and creativity was put into products and advertising. Even the Chrysler logo with the two boomerangs darting forward was brilliant and successfully conveyed the philosophy behind the design movement. One of my prized possesions is a gold Chrysler Forward Look watch that was given to a plant manager back in the day.it has the Forward Look logo on the face.

The one I saw on eBay was at least 8 years ago. I want to say it was over a thousand. I remember thinking how pissed someone would be if it go broken in transit. It would have had to be shipped in a wooden crate and that would have cost a lot too.

Your best bet is to go pick it up yourself, but from CA to NY, I'm pretty sure I would have passed on it too.

Have you ever noticed that some of the coolest most fragile harry to ship items are never nearby?

That's just how life works. The farthest I have gone to pick up a sign(actually I think it was 3 signs) was NJ, but there was a bonus, I got to eat at my favorite pizza parlor 3 times in 2 days !
smiley-eatdrink063.gif
smiley-happy110.gif

Back