1958 Plymouth trunk rust repair

hemiroy

Reaction score
Hello. happy New year I need help trying to find trunk panels Or patches for my 58 Plymouth fury I seen current to classics not a fan and I need fuel neck and trunk drops etc thank you !

Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to make your own panels from scratch.

On the positive side, these semi-hidden panels don't need to be exact duplicates of the originals and can usually be made without a huge investment in specialized equipment. Most of the time you can get by with just a bead roller setup and maybe a shrinker-stretcher.

Lately, I've been watching videos of a guy in Finland that's restoring an extremely rusty Opel GT, and he has to make everything himself. He does have access to an English wheel at some other shop for the curved panels, but the rest is done with a bead roller, shrinker-stretcher, and hammer. Bends are done on the edge of a work bench.

Here's a link if you want to check it out:

GT1900 garage.JPG

Jeff

Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to make your own panels from scratch.

On the positive side, these semi-hidden panels don't need to be exact duplicates of the originals and can usually be made without a huge investment in specialized equipment. Most of the time you can get by with just a bead roller setup and maybe a shrinker-stretcher.

Lately, I've been watching videos of a guy in Finland that's restoring an extremely rusty Opel GT, and he has to make everything himself. He does have access to an English wheel at some other shop for the curved panels, but the rest is done with a bead roller, shrinker-stretcher, and hammer. Bends are done on the edge of a work bench.

Here's a link if you want to check it out:

[/URL]

View attachment 635993

Jeff
Thank you Jeff !

Back